input needed...

• I suppose I have to experiment but....I'm stalled and I don't know the reason for it. Several factors may play a roll

too much sweetener...usually a pop a day and grape flavoring water at least once

not eating enough, enough fat or too much...boiled egg and 2 sm sausage for breakfast, couple cups of salad with egg and full fat dsg for lunch and usually veggies/salad when I get home and a sm meat/veggie when dh gets home 4 hours later.

not exercising enough...I'm a floor nurse and sit down about 30min if I'm lucky. I'm really poor at working out, 4 days a week if I"m lucky

not enough water....like I said I"m a nurse and we are not allowed water at our station (federal law) so it's locked up, I forget since I don't see it so I may only get 24oz at work

too much carbs....I've been adding almonds in on my days off, count out 11 and lay them on the counter. It's the only safe way.

too much alcohol....my mojitos are about .06 carbs per serving and 2 servings 3-4 times a week, might be just a little too much

Looking for suggestions that could help, I've got 25 pounds more to go.
  • Hello Smith,,,,

Gosh there are so many reasons for stalls/plateaus... I do it at least 2 weeks out of every month like clockwork these last 3 months.. So I know its my body... But I think I can see a few things that you might want to try and shed for alittle while... Try not have any sweetened (even artificial) soda pop... Even the artificial sweetners can change your inner chemistry and NUTS... well they (pnuts) do me in! and I know another Gentleman on this forum - JoeFla.. also eats Almonds and stalls when he does... Just 2 things... That might help... Tho I know it really is a good idea to drink as much water (I understand the nurses station) as you can as it flushes out the crap and fat... Just an idea.... I know I sometimes have weeks of saltier food during my 2 week stalls ( I keep a journal) and that might be my problem .... maybe salty stuff for you too? Just thinking....

But I know you will do it... Maybe alittle slower.. But you will shed that 25 lbs... Try not ingesting 1 thing and see if it makes a difference in a few days!

HUGS to you!!
  • While I agree not seeing a change on the scale can be extremely discouraging & frustrating, keep in mind, Dr. Atkins said a stall is officially a stall when its been 4 weeks with no change in weight or loss in inches.
    Smith1313, as you mentioned, several factors may be responsible. Sweeteners are a cause of issue for a lot of people. If you suspect this applies to you, it is best to avoid them entirely. I realize this can be difficult to do cold turkey so, you may want to consider gradually cutting down until you can finally eliminate them all together.
    Not eating enough is often another problem. Often on Atkins we don't feel hungry therefore we don't eat. While most of us think not eating will result in quicker weight loss....not true. Also, getting enough fat is essential since Atkins is a high fat plan. That being said, it doesn't mean fat is all you should consume. Veggies & salads are a big part of Atkins.
    Exercise is difficult for some but, remember, Dr. Atkins recommended moderate exercise. That doesn't mean you must spend hours in a gym, it simply means moderation. If you can walk for 30 minutes a day, you've gotten your exercise! Slow & steady wins the race.
    Too many carbs, even if its an allowed food, can be a very slippery slope for some. For me it was always cream cheese. I wouldn't be satisfied until I ate the whole 8 oz package! So, I learned if I don't buy it, I can't eat it. I've been doing Atkins 9+ years now and very, very rarely eat nuts because I have no control with them. Nuts for me are like potato chips, I can't eat just 1 (meaning the allowed serving size).
    Alcohol is definitely another culprit. It absolutely stalls weight loss. This being said, an occasional alcoholic drink might be ok for some but, for others may be the cause of a stall. Listen to your body.
    Sticking to the basics of Atkins - meat, veggies, eggs, salads, limited cheese, plenty of water, getting moderate exercise will help you shed those remaining 25 lbs. It may seem extreme but, you won't know unless you try it.
    You CAN do this!!
    All the best to you!!
  • thank you sue and jersey girl, it's nice to have someone else's opinion on things...I"ve got a plan to get started losing again.
  • okay, stopped alcohol (sniff, sniff) and cut out fake sugar and no more fake ice cream for this week....