Getting enough veggie carbs

• On days where I eat a cup of sauerkraut or Brussels sprouts I can get my vegetable net carbs up to about 9. But if I have 2 cups of butter lettuce and a cup of cauliflower then I'm only getting 4 net carbs of vegetables for the day.

My question is, and I really want to understand this, is it most important to keep to the measurements of the veggies (2 cups + 1 cup) as I have been, or do I need to have more veggies so that most of my 20 allowable net carbs (at least 10?) come from veggies?

I'm on day 12 of Induction and I plan to stay on it for at least a month, so I don't want to go to the first rung of OWL yet. I just want to better understand Induction.

Thanks for your help!
  • During Atkins Induction 12-15 of your 20 net carbs for the day should be coming from veggies & salads on the acceptable foods list. I personally never measured my veggies or my salads from day 1.
    I typically eat a big salad for lunch and add cooked, cold veggies to it. For dinner, I'll have a smaller salad and a green veggie.
  • Thank you, JerseyGyrl. That's what I needed to know. So I'll simply be counting the veggie carbs and not limit myself to 3 cups.

I really appreciate your help!
  • Like Jerseygyrl I never measure my veggies either - that's one of the beautiful things about Atkins!! Best wishes!!!
  • Quote: Thank you, JerseyGyrl. That's what I needed to know. So I'll simply be counting the veggie carbs and not limit myself to 3 cups.

I really appreciate your help!
    You're very welcome! If you think about it, I don't believe limiting yourself to 3 cups of veggies will get you to the 12-15 carbs for the day you are supposed to have during Induction And...the first rung of the carb ladder when doing OWL is MORE veggies....so....eating lots of veggies is a good thing
  • Quote: You're very welcome! If you think about it, I don't believe limiting yourself to 3 cups of veggies will get you to the 12-15 carbs for the day you are supposed to have during Induction
    Exactly! That's what I found so confusing! But now that I know to just count my veggie carbs, I feel more confident that I'm getting the nutrition I need while staying on plan.

Thanks again JerseyGyrl, and thanks to you, too, Lulu!