What's Really Making You Fat

• Read this today and wanted to share with my fellow Atkins followers as well as all the Atkins skeptics
    http://blog.massivehealth.com/infogr..._of_two_meals/
  • While I wouldn't recommend bacon as an every day thing just for the sodium content alone, this is a great infographic.

I don't follow atkins per say, I subscribe more to a mash of paleo/weightwatchers, but keeping my carbs down below 20g has been a huge key to my success.
  • Thanks for posting this. It's even more affirmation that what I'm doing isn't all that bad
  • I LOVE IT! As I sit hear eating my lovely jalapeno poppers that are wrapped in bacon and jammed with cream cheese! It is a very satisfying way of eating. Never feel deprived...which is KEY for me.
  • Quote: I LOVE IT! As I sit hear eating my lovely jalapeno poppers that are wrapped in bacon and jammed with cream cheese! It is a very satisfying way of eating. Never feel deprived...which is KEY for me.
    I think I'm going to need the recipe for this
  • I don't follow atkins either but it's been totally eye opening that the eggs and bacon are better for my body than the bagel with cream cheese.

I used to choose the bagel every time and seriously thought I was eating healthy enough.

My body doesn't function well with carbs (even though my tastebuds love them). It's only taken me 37 years to figure it out...

Thanks for sharing!
  • Quote: I think I'm going to need the recipe for this
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/jalapeno_poppers.html
  • Quote: I think I'm going to need the recipe for this
    12 jalapenos..cut in half and remove seeds and membrane with a spoon tip. (note..coat fingers with olive oil...or you will have burning fingers...AND if you mess up and touch your face...you are screwed! lol)

1 pk cream cheese...let soften at room temp

1/2 packet of Ranch Dip seasonings

Raw bacon..cut each strip in half

Toothpicks

Mix cream cheese and dip seasonings with rubber spatula
    Smush it into the halved jalapenos
    wrap in piece of bacon and put the toothpick in sideways
    Place on cookie sheet..bake at 350 for about 12 mins..then I put it on broiler mode at high for 10 more mins..but you can just bake for 25 mins. (note: Do not put IN broiler...just the broiler temp. NOt all ovens may have that option. )

ENJOY! So yummy.

You will have left over cream cheese..you could easily fill more than 12 jalapenos (which is 24 pieces once cut)...I just do 12 because ..well..that is how many fit on my cookie sheet!
  • Jersey... If I could only make that a poster... I would love to show my mom that.... Thank you very much... I am earmarking this page!!!
  • Hi Sue!! You can right click and save that picture to print if you really want to.
  • Quote: Hi Sue!! You can right click and save that picture to print if you really want to.

REALLY? Elvis ---- That is wonderful! and I will do that... Thank you... I am kinda computer illiterate,.. I finally learned MS Word in this new job... and its been out well 20 years or so LOLOLOL and yet I used to be a customer support for Mtg Processing software (back in the DOS days) Gosh I remember getting on the internet in 1993 and only having Web crawler as a search engine and all you had were words... not an image anywhere!! LOL

I really appreciate this Thank you
  • Quote: REALLY? Elvis ---- That is wonderful! and I will do that... Thank you... I am kinda computer illiterate,.. I finally learned MS Word in this new job... and its been out well 20 years or so LOLOLOL and yet I used to be a customer support for Mtg Processing software (back in the DOS days) Gosh I remember getting on the internet in 1993 and only having Web crawler as a search engine and all you had were words... not an image anywhere!! LOL

I really appreciate this Thank you
    After I posted my reply, I was hoping you didn't get mad in case you already knew you could do that!!

Let me know if you need any help. I'm not good at a lot of technical stuff but I can do this much!!
  • Oh gosh.. Heck no I thank you for your help... I really appreciate it! Gosh kicked Onderland in the butt and computer literate... You have it girl!!!
  • Quote: While I wouldn't recommend bacon as an every day thing just for the sodium content alone, this is a great infographic.

I don't follow atkins per say, I subscribe more to a mash of paleo/weightwatchers, but keeping my carbs down below 20g has been a huge key to my success.
    I agree!