Old 05-30-2013, 11:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/269/145

Height: 6'0"

Default Reboot after some diarrhea....

I am restarting atkins after two days off. I developed pretty bad diarrhea.... I picked up the NEW atkins book as I was following old guidelines. I think my body didn't like all the nuts... I eat them normally but they didn't agree with me this time. Or it could be that I'm a vegetarian and I'm allowing myself to eat meat again after a long time as I cannot abide all that soy doing the vegan atkins. Also a new trainer at the gym wants me to eat some meat as I am training in weightlifting.

Anyway. Any other ideas on this are welcome. I did really well eating my veggies and sticking to less than 20 CHO. I lost 5lbs in 2 weeks. Then started noticing loose stools around the time I flipped into ketosis. (+ urine sticks) I drink my 2 liters of water a day....Is this normal? Is my body just adjusting to ketosis? Could it be my body reacting to all the fat?
charliebear99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #2  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Hello Charliebear...

Gosh I don't know why you have diarrhea... But maybe it has to do with just a food plan change itself... Adding meat and maybe your fat cells releasing toxins etc into your system. I think you system is just adjusting. I hope that you are ok .... I have to ask tho.. what nuts are you eating? and the best idea too is to use the old (original ) Atkins plan from 2002 and earlier... This newer version has added items that you can eat.. but makes the weight loss ALOT slower... Just a thought...

I hope that your body is adjusting and that you are doing better!!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote