Old 06-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Introduction :) New to Atkins!

Good morning!!

I thought I would introduce myself since I have started posting around the forum. I just started Atkins over the weekend and am already excited about the results I'm seeing. This plan really seems to fit my life now, I lost a lot of weight on Ideal Protein which is another low carb diet, but that no longer fits my lifestyle or my budget so I decided to do some research and see what else I could find. I'm attracted to low carb because I always felt so great in ketosis, tons of energy, sleeping well, and I miss that! Plus I know how well it works with my body. I'm less than 10 lbs away from where I was at my lowest when I stopped Ideal Protein and that was over a year ago so these plans really work if you stick with them!

With Atkins I love that I can find something to eat almost anywhere and I can incorporate some of my favorites (cheese, avocado, meat) into my daily plan and stay on track!

I'm hoping to get down into the 140 / 130 range. I feel like I'll know it when I get there. I'm only 5'3" so that may even be on the heavier side, we'll see. I went grocery shopping yesterday to stock my fridge with allowed items. Wow what a different experience reaching for the full fat mayo, cheese, and sour cream, rather than the light stuff I usually buy. I was on a high protein calorie counting plan before this so this is a huge change.

One question I do have, what kind of exercise is recommended on this plan? My book just came into the library this morning so I'm going to pick it up when it opens and scour it but I thought I would ask here too. I read it a few years ago so from what I remember and the info I got on the internet I decided not to wait to start, but I realize how important the book is.

I love to exercise, mainly weight training, but I will add in some aerobics depending on how I feel.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #2  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

to you Navymommy!!!! Glad you have joined us !

You did have a great start on this this weekend. GOOD for you! and I bet your mind just feels clearer too (I hate that darn carb brain fog!)

Exercise... I have the old book (2002) and it does say to exercise... I just walk and do toning with my arms... but the book reccomends exercising... I don't think that there is a specific way. When you build muscles tho (tho they burn more calories) you still retain water while they are healing and growing... so that shows on the scale.. but otherwise.. Its a good thing.

Glad you have joined... We have a small group of very nice and very supportive people here.

wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the welcome!! I remember how helpful these forums were during my last weight loss journey and I am excited to be back and finish what I started! Today's been good, started with a couple of eggs and sauteed approved veggies with a sprinkle of cheese and just finished some Tuna Salad. Trying to decide between chicken salad and taco salad for dinner. I think I'm leaning towards Taco salad, YUM! I love that there are so many choices on this plan and I never feel like I have to stay hungry. I also got the book today so when the kiddos go down for naps I am going to freshen up on the areas I don't remember as well from reading it the last time.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote