Induction Day 6

• Hello! Im new to this thread and am looking for some advice. Ive been doing Atkins Induction for 6 days now and Ive lost 7 pounds, which Im thrilled about =) But over the past couple days Ive been having trouble finding motivation to eat. I rarely get hungry (before atkins Id be ravenous if I went 6 hours without eating), and when I do get hungry, nothing is appealing to me besides vegetables and cheese. Ive been forcing myself to eat chicken and other meats, but I want to do at least 1-2 more weeks of induction-level strictness, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for how to spice up this diet so I actually want to eat.

Thanks =)
  • hhmmm.. Welcome and GOOD for you for losing those 7 lbs already!! Now is the time to figure out some other food that will appeal to your taste buds. Try some new spices.... Melt cheese and garlic together and pour over chicken? Shrimps (love them) Just 2 little ideas.... but try not and get bored and eat in a rut. Eat Breakfast for dinner (I love omelets) How about a grilled steak salad? ( I don't like veggies... so I don't have to many of those suggestions). I know that there is a thread here in this area with meal ideas. Try something new

I also get the feeling of not being hungry (especially after being stressed these days) and find it hard to be motivated to eat... but if you don't eat... you also are losing MUSCLE mass as energy and that is NOT good!

You can do it and you don't want to find those 7 lbs you lost! Me Neither!
  • Thank you for the advice! I hadnt considered melting the cheese on the chicken, but that would probably make it much more palatable right now in my meat-overloaded state lol. And I will def check out the menu section for some more ideas. =)
  • Hi happierme88 - I like to use curry to spice things up!! I like the flavor and it is comfort food without the carbs. I also use it to make curried chicken salad too!!
  • I think you'll find Linda's Low Carb recipe site most helpful. Her recipes are terrific! The Induction appropriate recipes are marked with an *
    All the best to you!!!

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

• I lose my appetite also when I am on the Atkins plan. I think that is normal on the Atkins plan. Congrats on the 7 lb loss. That is awesome. You go girl!!!
  • Thank you all for the advice! LuluNH, I also love curry, so ill have to try adding that to a few dishes. And JerseyGyrl, I checked out that website and its amazing, thank you for sharing! And firegirl441, thank you for the support!

I've already tried adding some new things to my diet, like smoked salmon and caprese salads, and Ive already noticed Im enjoying eating more, so everyone's advice has been very helpful