3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   7 pounds in 5 days? to much protein? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/277812-7-pounds-5-days-much-protein.html)

cosmokindra 03-16-2013 11:41 PM

7 pounds in 5 days? to much protein?

I have lost 7 pounds in 5 days on Atkins. Of course I'm super excited but I'm wondering how much of it is really just water weight? I don't know if it's water weight, but I have drinken more water the past 5 days then I have in a very long time, it's probably not as much as I should but I would say about 3-5 bottles. Also I haven't been eating enough veggies and a lot of meat so I hope that's not a problem today I had a hamburger patty with mayo cheese and lettuce then a big salad with broccoli cheese steak and ranch I then had a broccoli and ranch snack and for supper a Mcdouble for McDonald's no bun and plain( bad I know first form of cheatingish ) when I got home a few turkey and cheese wraps and that's everything I've ate for the day. Not enough veggies I know. I've also heard the Atkins shakes are completely off guard right? Feedback please! It's already getting hard to eat my veggies :( but I'm not nearly as hungry as I was

California17 03-17-2013 05:05 AM

I lost about 12 pounds in a little over a week. I'd say, it's all water in both our cases.

Are you doing Atkins 72? If so, the only vegetables allowed are two cups of loose leaf greens and I see you've had some lettuce and broccoli. I wouldn't stress the vegetables too much. I absolutely love veg so I'm having the opposite problem of trying not to eat too much.

And yes, no Atkins products.

Keep going, stay strong, and enjoy the feeling of fullness...

wannaskipandlaugh 03-17-2013 08:36 AM

Hello Cosmokindra :)

Looks like you did eat alot of protein, and according to Atkins 2001 and earlier... just 2 cups of leafy vegies... So what you did is AOK. Be careful of anything premade.. (McD's stuff and deli meats) as they have hidden things in them (Nitrates, extra sodium etc). Most of the weight lost the 1st week is water... but not all. You (both) have lost some fat too :) yeah.

But I have to say GOOD for you BOTH! and way to go!

Have you taken your measurements? When things slow down, I look at my newer measurements and get a great smile on my face as they are going down even when it might only be a 1 - 2 lbs a week loss. Measurements are a great motivator too.

Its great to have some motivated Atkins losers on this thread :) Gets me going. :)

TripSwitch 03-17-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmokindra (Post 4670863)
I have lost 7 pounds in 5 days on Atkins. Of course I'm super excited but I'm wondering how much of it is really just water weight? I don't know if it's water weight, but I have drinken more water the past 5 days then I have in a very long time, it's probably not as much as I should but I would say about 3-5 bottles. Also I haven't been eating enough veggies and a lot of meat so I hope that's not a problem today I had a hamburger patty with mayo cheese and lettuce then a big salad with broccoli cheese steak and ranch I then had a broccoli and ranch snack and for supper a Mcdouble for McDonald's no bun and plain( bad I know first form of cheatingish ) when I got home a few turkey and cheese wraps and that's everything I've ate for the day. Not enough veggies I know. I've also heard the Atkins shakes are completely off guard right? Feedback please! It's already getting hard to eat my veggies :( but I'm not nearly as hungry as I was

Are you following one of the plans as laid out in one of the Atkins books?

Our bodies are capable of making glucose via gluconeogenesis from non-carbohydrate sources... so yes, too much protein could slow or stall your weight loss...

California17 03-17-2013 02:05 PM

So if you stall, is it better to increase fat @TripSwitch?

anewbody2013 03-23-2013 12:16 PM

I am currently doing the induction stage of Atkins (week one completed, March 22nd) I dropped 10.4....I am sure it is water weight. But I will do about 3 weeks on the Induction stage then move on.

wannaskipandlaugh 03-23-2013 01:48 PM

Good for you ANewBody..... oh I am thinking that all the weight loss is more than water :) Which is wonderful Good for you!

kayin 04-01-2013 08:11 PM

Well for atkins products, the BARS have about 20+ "hidden" carbs (sugar alcohols), but the SHAKES only have 3 "gross" carbs and 1 net carb, so only up to 2 grams of "hidden" carbs. I find that the shakes don't stall me, but your mileage may vary. Definite NO to the bars though.