Old 03-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #16  
Art Wench

S/C/G: 210/192/160

Height: 5'8"

I've been through the "weight gain" or "no loss" on Induction so many times I could barf! MY answer to not losing weight on induction was adrenal fatigue, but there are other reasons you may not be losing weight:

1. Not enough water
2. Not enough CARBS (you NEED to eat SOME carbs, and most of it has to come from vegetables!) Eat close to all 20 carbs allowed on induction.
3. Not enough fat. You must eat more fat calories than anything else on Induction. To make it easy, you should eat the same amount of fat grams as protein grams (IE: 23 grams fat, 23 grams protein, and few veggie carbs)
4. Constipation (this diet can make you severely constipated, and you can also be constipated while adjusting to the diet)
5. Salt: This diet is higher in salt, and makes you retain water sometimes
6. Eating too much calories/carbs. Some people have to count calories on Atkins, and sometimes there are hidden carbs in the foods they eat
7. Not eating clean enough. Plain chicken is better than chicken sausage. Plain steak is better than bologna/lunch meat. Your system needs clean foods to work effectively.

Anyway, those are just some things I have come up with in my multiple attempts on Atkins and not losing weight! Hope it helps and good luck!
Comicbookmommy is offline   Reply With Quote