3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Extra fiber???? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/276197-extra-fiber.html)

PrettyMom09 02-21-2013 05:11 PM

Extra fiber????

Do any of you take fiber supplements? I had to take a break from Atkins because my digestive system was not processing the food properly. I needed more fiber, lots more. I have been eating fruits and grains for the past week, and now I'm regular again. I want to start Atkins again, but I don't want to deal with the lack of fiber. Any ideas??

Thanks!

wannaskipandlaugh 02-22-2013 11:04 AM

Hello there. I too used to have lots and lots of trouble "evacuating" and usually had blood too... (sorry.. did not mean to be graphic)... I have been taking fiber tablets every day (Andrew Lessman's Fibermucil) besides eating lettuce (only veg I like) I know that you can probably take the fiber granules and mix it with water (double whammy of goodness)... Metamucil/fibercon/Psyllium etc. It really does help and in the last 7 weeks I have only had 1 day of "bad time" :) BUT lots of water helps alot too.

Find what is easy to make it tolerable for you :) :hug:

PrettyMom09 02-22-2013 12:04 PM

Thanks W!

Salena11 02-22-2013 01:18 PM

I also do a spoonful of sugar free metamucil morning and evening. that and a couple small salads help me..

good luck~!

JerseyGyrl 02-22-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrettyMom09 (Post 4641554)
Do any of you take fiber supplements? I had to take a break from Atkins because my digestive system was not processing the food properly. I needed more fiber, lots more. I have been eating fruits and grains for the past week, and now I'm regular again. I want to start Atkins again, but I don't want to deal with the lack of fiber. Any ideas??

Thanks!

If you are having digestive & constipation issues, there are 2 things you may want to try. Adding coconut oil to your coffee has been known to help keep you regular. Using an immersion blender so you don't end up with an oil slick on top, add 2-3 Tablespoons of coconut oil to a cup of coffee. If you are severely constipated, 4-6 Tablespoons.
You may also want to consider taking a daily probiotic. This will help with digestive issues.
I hope this helps.

StephanieM 02-25-2013 09:18 PM

I've actually seen some people say that due to low carb, there is less poop and that's why we don't go as much.

I started eating about half an avocado a day, they are high in fiber and I go pretty regularly now. Just not the amount I used to. And I agree that lots of good healthy fats keep things from getting stuck up there.

PrettyMom09 02-26-2013 08:57 AM

Thanks ladies! I am eating more veggies and I also bought some probiotics that I will start taking today. I'm really hoping that this helps.

Melsie52 02-28-2013 05:38 PM

I am going to be doing Atkins '72 and I had the opposite effect when doing this many years ago. I find I am so much healthier, no type 2 diabeties when I do this way of eating and no malise either. I just get the runs. Please let me know what you do? Thanks