3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   St. Patrick's Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/275751-st-patricks-day-challenge.html)

Lulu NH 02-15-2013 07:09 AM

St. Patrick's Day Challenge

:goldpot:Starting the St. Patrick's Day Challenge!! My goal is 8 pounds and sticking to my exercise routine - I stuck to plan for WOE but I lost exercise days during the last month!!!

Forevermercy 02-15-2013 10:29 AM

I'm down... I changed my Tracker!
Good luck! :)

rho1640 02-15-2013 07:39 PM

changed my tracker - and I am in!

StephanieM 02-16-2013 09:56 AM

I'm in! I guess I'll set my goal at 159. I'm going to be losing more slowly since I haven't worked out since I started working. Hopefully I can get back at it soon.

163.2 this morning :)

Forevermercy 02-16-2013 03:53 PM

StephanieM congrats on your new job!

swinegeart 02-17-2013 09:16 PM

I'm in! I never finish these challenges but this time I am! I need to! Goal--> 15 pounds. (Shouldn't be too high, I have A LOT to lose!)

Lulu NH 02-18-2013 03:15 AM

Just checking in - the scale hasn't moved but my 22W dresses are very loose. It was quite a surprise because they were so tight before - think "overstuffed pillow". I had to wait two weeks in January too to see the scale move but I keep repeating to myself "you weigh less than last month". I spent some time with my Atkins book this weekend to make sure I was sticking to plan - I am but I think I need to watch my portions. Still dreaming of Onederland!!!

Bobbette78 02-18-2013 02:07 PM

Hello I'm new and would love to join the challenge. I'm going to set my goal at 6 pounds and to walk 5 days a week.

:D

Lulu NH 02-19-2013 06:54 PM

Sticking to plan but lots of temptation this week. It did feel good to walk outside this morning!!! I look forward to it now as an outlet if I am feeling frustrated!

StephanieM 02-19-2013 09:47 PM

Thanks, Forevermercy!

swinegeart, good luck! It is a high goal but if you have quite a bit more to lose it might be more realistic :)

Lulu NH, that's great! It's your clothes that will tell your progress the most :)

Welcome Bobbette78! That sounds like a great goal! Making an exercise goal is usually the best way to make sure you hit your weight goals.

StephanieM 02-19-2013 09:51 PM

Well, despite not working out, I still managed to lose weight! I'm surprised, but I guess I shouldn't be. I am sticking to my diet. I'm at 162.6!

I'm a little sad I never hit my VDay goal of exercise minutes but the hives took me out for awhile.

I have gotten my ID card for work finally, which means I can join the gym at work! I'll have to talk to someone about setting that up tomorrow. My husband drops me off over an hour before work starts and even if I walk on the treadmill for half an hour it's still calories burnt. I've also thought about playing Just Dance after my daughter goes to bed. I'm too tired for an hour of weight lifting, but doing something fun like that seems more appealing.

So I'm also going to aim for 400 minutes of exercise until St. Patty's day!

Violet73 02-20-2013 07:30 AM

ok, I'm in. I'm back on track with low carb eating. Lexapro is wonderful!!!! :)))) Low carb eating would lower my mood and carbs gave me that quick serotonin release. I don't need that anymore and I feel great on low carb now! I'm ready to stick with this challenge. I'm going to try for 15 pounds this challenge.

How do you guys feel about posting our weights once a week so we can see how everyone is doing weekly? Even if there is no loss, it's still a good visual thing to have :) What do yall think? Like say start this next Monday and everyone post their weight and then I can make a post with your name and your weight loss for the week? Sound ok?

rho1640 02-20-2013 08:43 AM

I swear I come in here to read every day even if I don't post -- that stuck was getting to me and I have been just cranky about weight for awhile I never went off plan and just kept plugging along but cranky cranky cranky -- I'm thrilled to be able to write -- down .4 today -- maybe it is the start of my body kicking into gear again .. I hope I hope I hope

Stephanie - you are doing fabulous and congratulations on the job AND a job that has a gym to boot :D

Vi -- yay so good to see you back - I'll post my weight on Monday with you

StephanieM 02-21-2013 09:21 AM

Violet, since I'm busy with work I'll usually weigh in daily if I can, or sporadically. rho, you are doing great as well! You have come so far, and sometimes the loss slows down when we get closer to goal :) I'm hoping to join the gym there soon!

StephanieM 02-21-2013 09:21 AM

162.4 today, still headed down slowly :)