3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Incentive (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/272600-incentive.html)

BrenM 01-04-2013 10:24 PM

Incentive

I decided I needed more of an incentive to stick to this WOE than KNOWING it's healthy for me. I know that I will be losing weight slowly. Usually because of that I get frustrated and just pigging out on junk. So today, went to Discovery and took a pic of the LBD I want to be able to wear in December. And looked around and some of the other clothes I want to be able to wear by this summer. I also put my DD's (yes, of COURSE it was too tight and too small, but that was the point) bikini on and took a couple pics of me in it. Looking at those pictures SHOULD be enough to keep me looking toward the goal!!

What is your incentive to keep going?

nicolasmummy 01-05-2013 04:31 AM

im getting fitted for my wedding dress at the start of December, so i keep looking at the picture of it. Really helps when i feel like junk/having a bad day xx

Simona 01-05-2013 08:48 AM

Mine is simple. It's just the way I feel eating low carb. I'm not sick, running to the bathroom with the runs, I'm not bloated. It's great!

Now, having said that...I do gave a goal gift in mind. It's a silver bead necklace from Birks. And I want the smallest size!

StephanieM 01-05-2013 09:19 AM

If I get my old job back (I quit because I was going to have my daughter, and wasn't there long enough to get maternity), I would start in February (interview is Tuesday). I want to look good when I go back and see old people. When I started I was 20 weeks pregnant and right now I'm within 6 lbs of pre pregnancy weight.

I also want to get to my goal weight and maintain for awhile before I get pregnant again, I'm hoping to start trying summer/fall.

BrenM 01-05-2013 11:50 AM

WOOHOO! Sounds like we've all got a plan to work for! We can all do this :)

futurehealthyme 01-06-2013 03:25 PM

I would like to feel good in a swimsuit by this summer.
I would like to wear some of the nice and tooooooo small clothes (on the same page with you BrenM !)I have and OVERALL feel good about myself in general.
Good luck on your interview on Tuesday StephanieM!
A wedding dress is a GREAT incentive nicolasmummy!
Nice goal Simona!
Good luck Ladies!

SeeMyFeet 01-06-2013 03:44 PM

An event next summer...
Better looking for DH....
Fitting into more flattering (not black!) clothing....
Not giving snarky people the satisfaction of seeing me fat.......
Getting rid of asthma (hopefully)...
Being athletic again.....
Showing myself I can do it....

StephanieM 01-06-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futurehealthyme (Post 4577895)
Good luck on your interview on Tuesday StephanieM!

Thanks :) I bought a new top for it today, and I am proud to say it is a MEDIUM!!!

futurehealthyme 01-06-2013 10:23 PM

SeeMYFeet I love your goals and incentives!!!:D
Good luck!:)

BrenM 01-07-2013 11:09 AM

FutureHealthyMe: the healthy feeling is a goal of mine also! It'll be so great not to be tired (bloated, achy, etc) all the time :)

SeeMyFeet: I had noticed lately a lot of my clothes are BLACK as well! I've been slowly ditching them and bringing color back into my life :)

Stephanie: WTG on the MEDIUM sized top!!!

We can all reach our goals :)

rho1640 01-14-2013 10:53 AM

I will always have black clothes and also blue clothes in my main wardrobe - but I am trying to get a little more color added in with tops or scarves ..

I got my iPhone as my 50 lb loss reward - I whipped on by my 100 lb lost with nothing more than a happy dance -- need to think on that I guess .. and I really need to start thinking on what do do as a goal reward -- hmmmmm

jammy255 01-15-2013 01:16 AM

@nicolasmummy: Congrats!! ME too:carrot:

Dresses Dresses Dresses there are 2 Dresses I am dying to rock!

#1 My Wedding dressing, I want to look sexy and Beautiful

#2 Being able to fit a classy Tory Burch Dress ( love her stuff!), I have been eyeing them forever, and Im soooo close :D

wannaskipandlaugh 03-07-2013 08:41 PM

OH My incentive.... as soon as I lose 10% of what I had weighed.. I am going to Disney World as it should be right around my Birthday.

I have clothes in all sized in my closet and can't wait to get rid of the TOO Big ones!

What incentive are you working for?

StephanieM 03-07-2013 09:20 PM

It's neat seeing this thread being brought up again! I did end up getting the job and I started at my pre pregnancy weight as well :) I got lots of compliments about how great I looked and I've lost an additional 2 and a half lbs since then.

wannaskipandlaugh 03-07-2013 09:30 PM

Oh Stephanie that is wonderful. So job back, lost weight and the best thing.. having a baby :) Sounds like the best trifecta! and you are in the smiley faces of your ticker. Happy end :)

I hope that we can keep the Atkins area going again. It seems like everyone migrated to other places and there are plenty of times that I need advice doing this and hearing what others are doing. :)