Accidentally ingested caffeine on Induction Day 6..

• I'm so upset about this.

I was on day two of one of my horrendous migraines, violently ill all night last night and my sweet, well-meaning DH gave me some medication this morning. I was so sick I took it without question. About 10 minutes later I started feeling much better and I asked him what it was. Upon checking the ingredients, it had caffeine in it. 65mg to be exact. I'm not upset with him, he didn't think to check the label for caffeine. He was trying to help me.

Now..All day I've been craving this and that (mostly sweets) and I've been trying to control myself and stick with the program. I did have a muffin in a minute and hoped that would help, but it made the cravings worse.

I gained 2 lbs when I went into induction, but lost 3 shortly afterward and I'm terrified this will cause me to stall already!

Just needed a place to vent/whine to people who would understand.
  • Whats done is done. Consider it a lesson learned. Dust yourself off and proceed.
    You CAN do this!
  • If it makes you feel better... I drink a cup of coffee every morning with splenda and heavy cream. I still lost 8lbs during induction
  • Cieloarge, that actually does make me feel better.

I think I need to stop weighing daily though. The fluctuations are driving me nuts.
  • another "if it makes you feel any better" posts -- I've lost 91 lbs and never gave up caffeine - I have 2 cups in the morning with cream and sweetener - It could be it took me a little longer but it has only been a little over a year so I'm still happy.
  • I drink a very large cup every morning.
    but I drink it black or with raw sugar.
    can not do artificial sugars...
  • This got me wondering, because I don't recall caffeine being off the induction list. I looked on the Atkins website and found that two cups of caffeinated (or decaf) beverage is allowed.

I have been drinking two cups of coffee with heavy cream every morning during induction and am not experiencing any problems with weight loss.
  • Add me to the list, I have lost over 100 pounds and never gave up coffee.
  • Quote: This got me wondering, because I don't recall caffeine being off the induction list. I looked on the Atkins website and found that two cups of caffeinated (or decaf) beverage is allowed.
    Dr. Atkins cautioned about coffee causing blood sugar to spike causing cravings in the booke he himself wrote.
    The "Atkins website" and the "newer" book are advocating coffee.
  • Kim is right - caffeine affects different bodies differently. I don't find it makes me particularly hypoglycemic or kick off cravings, but others really get in a rollecoaster. Your mileage may vary and if you notice it bugs you do wean off, but mot of us don't find it affects weight loss or hunger significantly