Old 09-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Arrow Day 3 on Atkins Induction

Hey everyone!

I joined this site approx 10 years ago but I haven't posted in about 8-9 years until today!

I'm currently on day 3 of induction and it's going pretty well. This will be my second time on Atkins. The first time was 2010 and I dropped 30 lbs. Anyway.. I feel a little weak at times, and a little headachy from the lack of caffeine but that's it. I was low carb for a few months prior to this induction so I'm sure that helped a ton.

I'm trying to add as many good fats as I can, and making sure to get my veggies as well as drinking a gallon of water every day. No weight loss yet, but I'm ok with that. I know it could take a little time for my body to realize what's happening. I am already in ketosis and monitoring that daily with the ketone strips.

I just wanted to say hello and let everyone know I'm here for support!
PS I'm always looking for great induction approved recipes as well, so if you have something to share.. please do!
Honeyrose29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

back Debbie!!
You most likely already know about Linda's Low Carb recipes but, her site is certainly worth mentioning. Excellent Atkins friendly recipes there and many Induction friendly as well. The one's appropriate for Induction are marked with an *
You CAN do this!!!
All the best to you!!

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, Debbie! You'll find a ton of great folks and great resources on this site. We look forward to hearing of your progress!

For me, Day 4 always seems the worst - so I will be sending a lot of good vibes your way as you push through the headaches, etc.
davematthewsband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #4  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Height: 5' 2"

WELCOME DEB I'm fairly new myself we can do this I'm lovin low carb !

davematthewsband: hello & where & how did you get your avatar ? love it
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #5  
Hang on little root!!

S/C/G: 164/146/132

Height: 5'5"

Hello Debbie!
I am on my first day of induction! I lost 12 lbs by cutting most carbs out of my diet; however, I didn't realize that I was consuming 50 grams per day.

I know that you're not supposed to consume nuts during induction, but I have discovered a wonderful raw ranch dressing recipe (containing raw cashews) that I can't seem to shake out of my diet.

- 1 C. raw cashews (or macadamia nuts)
- 1/2 C. lemon juice
- 1/3 C. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. real salt
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground peppercorns

Blend everything together. I like to use my magic bullet! Add water for desired consistency.

I'm not exactly sure how many servings are in this recipe, but I approximate it to be about 20.
If this recipe has 20 servings, each serving contains:

6.7g Fat
260.1 mg Sodium
2.3g Carbs
1.2g Protein

Macadamia nuts and almonds have less carbs, but I couldn't find any macadamia nuts, and I didn't think that almonds would taste very good in the recipe :P

Last edited by reanbean; 10-10-2012 at 08:04 PM.
reanbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #6  

I am on day 1 and just made the Flaxmeal muffin! I have had it before but forgot about it!!
Looking forward to being low carb!!!
Frannie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #7  
Hang on little root!!

S/C/G: 164/146/132

Height: 5'5"

After thinking about this I realized that Walden Farms makes carb free dressings! DUR... what good is my recipe now??

I found a recipe on youtube for carb free taco shells and fillings here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOKpahCYNO8

I've been dying to know how they taste, but I'm too chicken to compromise my weight loss thus far!!

Someone want to try them for me??
reanbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I apologize for the delay, spunky gal, but I made my avatar here: http://www.modelmydiet.com/

After they were done, I right-clicked on each and saved down the graphics and then pasted them into Microsoft Paint to save out a single picture for upload.
davematthewsband is offline   Reply With Quote