"Atkins Diet Bad For You"....Really??

• For those who believe Atkins is "bad" for you....have a looksee
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...iet/57444292/1

• I'm really glad to see that it referenced the study that found that low-carb apparently burned an average of 300 more calories.

When I first started telling people that I had discovered that I could eat about 300 more calories on low-carb than on a high-carb diet to lose about the same amount of weight (and do it with far less hunger), many people (I'd even say most) thought I was nuts (because a calorie is a calorie, don't ya know?)

Even those who believed me told my that I must be a rare exception.

I'm very glad to learn that my experience isn't rare at all. It's nice to know that I'm not alone; but it's more important to know that I can "spread the word," about low-carb eating.
  • Did you see the comments?? OMG, one lady even goes to the extreme that you should never ever eat: avocados, nuts, eggs, olive oil among other foods... Really??

I think people that just don't know think all you eat on Atkins is red meat and butter all day! haha.

I eat more green veggies now that I did before, without going hungry.

Before, my main dish would be 75% pasta/rice with some meat and very little overcook veggies... so you tell me how now eating more than 50% green steam or raw veggies is worst than what I was doing before.
  • By the way... I only buy whole wheat... So white flour has nothing to do with my weight problem lol