Doesorganic apple cider vinegar help?

• Does anyone do organic apple cider vinegar with "the mother" along with atkins. Do you think it helps with weight loss or just a myth? either way im pretty sure it is healthy
  • Quote: Does anyone do organic apple cider vinegar with "the mother" along with atkins. Do you think it helps with weight loss or just a myth? either way im pretty sure it is healthy
    I'm not sure but it can't hurt and it tastes good

Actually I used to do some in a glass of water and I do think I was losing a little better - and it helped me not get charlie horses during the summer I think ... should start up again .. just to see
  • i have been taking a shot two or three times a day followed by a large glass of water since i started the diet so im unsure if it helps. lol not too crazy about the taste but i do find myself craving it sometimes.
  • I love apple cider vinegar and always have it on salads but i've never noticed any weight loss benefits.
  • I forgot to mention - if you add it to water - use a straw and be sure to rinse your mouth out good after or brush your teeth - the acid can be hard on your teeth.

I may start it up again today - I love it - it is refreshing in water with a little sweetener of your choice (really doesn't need much either) it is like appleade instead of lemonade ...

oh and I make pickles with it and salad dressing and my faux miracle whip with it too.... hmm I have gone thru almost a gallon in the past year - so I guess I do use it a lot
  • Quote: I forgot to mention - if you add it to water - use a straw and be sure to rinse your mouth out good after or brush your teeth - the acid can be hard on your teeth.

I may start it up again today - I love it - it is refreshing in water with a little sweetener of your choice (really doesn't need much either) it is like appleade instead of lemonade ...

oh and I make pickles with it and salad dressing and my faux miracle whip with it too.... hmm I have gone thru almost a gallon in the past year - so I guess I do use it a lot
    Eek, I guess the teeth warning would apply to having it as dressing, wouldn't it? I use a can of tuna in olive oil and then add the vinegar - voila, salad dressing!

I'm not sure how many litres to the gallon is without googling but my bottles are 500ml (16.5 ish ounces) and I buy them pretty regularly :-)
  • I wouldn't worry too much about your teeth, mine are fine and I have been drinking water with apple cider vinegar and honey or just alone in water since childhood.
    It is very refreshing when mixed in cold water, a tablespoon or so in a big iced tea glass. Sometimes I have a jug in the fridge, but I haven't done this since I started Atkins because I was afraid that the organic vinegar and mother may have carbs and I didn't want to tempt myself with a link to honey. Local raw honey has honestly helped me with my allergies, so that is one sacrifice that I have made for Atkins that may have to change one day. Has anyone checked to see if the mother has carbs? (oh yeah, never lost weight with vinegar. . . sorry)