Day 1 Induction..didn't do so well :(

• So, I started induction today and I ended up with 26g of net carbs!! I went out of hand with my veggies and ended up eating 2.5 cups. Also, I am craving something sweet...I hope tomorrow is a better day. I need to figure out a way to count my carbs better. I ended up eating 1,100 cals so let's see how it goes.

Also, what type of blue cheese dressing and/or ceasar do you guys use?
  • Quote: So, I started induction today and I ended up with 26g of net carbs!! I went out of hand with my veggies and ended up eating 2.5 cups. Also, I am craving something sweet...I hope tomorrow is a better day. I need to figure out a way to count my carbs better. I ended up eating 1,100 cals so let's see how it goes.

Also, what type of blue cheese dressing and/or ceasar do you guys use?
    to Atkins!
    While its true Atkins Induction is 20 net carbs a day, with 12-15 of those carbs coming from veggies & salads....you went over on veggies You didn't eat cake, cookies or ice cream.....you ate 2.5 cups of veggies! Please don't sweat it. I can personally tell you I have never measured my veggies or salads in the 8+ years I have been doing Atkins.
    As for the calories....on Atkins, its not about counting calories but, that doesn't mean they aren't important. You should be mindful of calories and not gorge yourself but, let me assure you, 1100 calories isn't much.
    Tomorrow is a new day,with that said, don't beat yourself up for going over on veggies.
    BTW, I like Ken's Steakhouse dressings and the carb count is Atkins friendly
    All the best to you!!
    You CAN do this!!!
  • Thanks! I am very much looking forward to going into Ketosis and not crave carbs and sweets anymore...*sigh* thanks!!!
  • Congratulations on your loss, Calliea! I like Marie's Bleu Cheese salad dressing. Very Atkins friendly, and it makes a delicious dip for chicken tenders, wings, and veggies.
  • Congratulations Collea - I hope it gets easier too.

Today is my day one of induction too.
  • Colliea, welcome!! Your day doesn't sound terrible, atleast you only overate veggjes Don't beat yourself up over it.
  • Hello ladies-

Today is day 4 and although I have experienced fatigue and have been cranky at times, I have lost 4.2lbs! (I can't wait to see the scale tomorrow!!!).
    I am very surprised with my weight loss so far since I was not expecting such a big loss-I was thinking I would lose 5 lbs in the whole 2 wks!! I am sure most is water weight but it still makes me feel pretty darn good.

I am still craving carbs and sweets so I am hoping that improves over time.
  • Wow, 4.2 pounds is great! You did not mention how your cravings are going, today is day 3 for me and I think I am craving carbs more today than yesterday.
  • Hey, I don't have any Major cravings...I bought some of the Indulge atkins product as a back up but try not to eat too many of them.