3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Every night, I eat entire loaves of bread in my dreams (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/261787-every-night-i-eat-entire-loaves-bread-my-dreams.html)

ultrapeaches 06-27-2012 08:06 AM

Every night, I eat entire loaves of bread in my dreams

Isn't that weird? Then I feel terrible, in my dream, about going off plan in such a tremendous way. Anyone else have recurring dreams of cheating?

Ramra 06-27-2012 08:36 AM

Hahaha I go through this too! Only, for me, I'm sitting at Tim Horton's eating an entire box of donuts. Then I wake up with a horrible sinking feeling like "omg what have I done?!", followed by a wave of relief when I realise it was all just a dream. But loaves of bread eh, you would think you'd dream about something a little yummier!

Kamiro 07-10-2012 05:55 PM

lol I did that with cigarettes when I quit smoking. Guilt and all!

Simona 07-10-2012 06:26 PM

When I had my gastric bypass I dreamed of food all the time. It never happened on Atkins though and Im really hoping it wont happen...makes me crave foods I shouldnt be eating.

LaurieDawn 07-10-2012 06:37 PM

I do this almost every night when I go to bed still a little (or a lot) hungry! But I'm with Ramra. I never choose loaves of bread. Ice cream. Fresh-baked cookies. Donuts. These are my dream drugs of choice.

TiffNeedsChange 07-10-2012 08:33 PM

Hahaha yes, this happens to me too. It is usually tiramisu, bakalava, donuts, chips, or bread. Those dreams feel so real too! I wake up and realize that luckily it was only a dream hah

ghost 07-12-2012 03:27 AM

My mom is a confectioner and a chocolatier. Sometimes I dream that I'm sitting at her table and I'm eating her truffles and chocolate sea salt Carmel's one after another until I realize they are all gone and she comes out of the shoppe and screams at me for eating all her product. I wake up so received, but I swear, I can taste it in my dreams and it makes me wonder if my pancreas releases insulin in anticipation of a sugar rush...

Colliea21 08-12-2012 10:29 AM

This is so funny! The night after my first day in induction I dreamt of food ALL night long...I was eating burgers and fries and all kinds of delicious carbs...then I freaked out and realized I was messing up my diet so (instantly) I replaced the buns with lettuce and the fries with a huge salad...then I woke up and was super glad it was just a dream...:D

kelly315 08-12-2012 01:42 PM

I've had plenty of guilty eating dreams- usually I'm in a candy store (and sometimes I have to steal the candy to eat it!).

sandyfanny 08-12-2012 03:24 PM

Ghost, you're a rock star! I would weigh 2,000 pounds if my mom were a chocolatier/confectioner. No doubt about it.

AnaBee 08-12-2012 11:34 PM

LOL. When I first went gluten free I used to dream I was being chased by cupcakes. Also that I'd mindlessly take a handful of snacks from a bowl at a party and would have to spit them out. I attributed them to anxiety that I would accidentally make a mistake and eat something with gluten.