230's LET GO of me!! ARGHHHHH!!!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to

• So, here I am, just like a dang YO YO. I went from 270 to 213 and then bam! I went off Atkins like an idiot! Thought I could eat "a little of this and a little of that". The problem with that is...it turned into ALOT of this and ALOT of that! Pfffffftt! I KNOW that Atkins is what works for me and I blew it ( more than once mind you). So now I am sitting here at 237. The 230's have ALWAYS been hard for me to get through

So anyways, I hope to make some new friends on this journey and maybe say hello to some old ones.

Good luck on the journey my friends
  • What is it with the 230s? I'm stuck here too. I was 237 then 241 then 236, then 238, then234 and now 235. So tired of the up and down. The day I see 229 I swear I'm going to jump for joy.
  • I don't know ghost, but it sure seems like each time I start losing the 230's just attach to me like a ball and chain. I've only myself to blame for being back here, but I still hate it all the same. Good luck reaching the 220's
  • Tell me about it! This month I've seen 238, 236, 238, 239, 236..ugh.
  • So, while it's not momentous per se, I have lost 6 lbs. this week! and I'm feeling pretty darn good about it.
    I'm STILL in the 230's BUT they ARE going to release me one way or the other
  • Last monday 231.5
    Today 231

*facepalm*
  • It took me three weeks to get out of the 230's...adding weight to my exercise is what helped me through. I do weights for about 20min before cardio. Maybe this will help you too? I did the same thing as you, I was down to 198 and then gained it all back after meeting my fiancee. We were going out to eat several times a week and I stopped going to the gym. This time around, we're doing it together. Hang in there Islandchick
  • Thank you for the kind words & encouragement corinthian

I'm just taking it one day, one week, one month and pound at a time!

I have always loved this forum
  • Quote: Last monday 231.5
    Today 231

*facepalm*
    What a difference a day makes - weighed in this morning at 229!

Of course it'll probably be back up tomorrow...
  • Quote: What a difference a day makes - weighed in this morning at 229!

Of course it'll probably be back up tomorrow...
    Well, tomorrow is tomorrow but for today How exciting for you treadmiller! WTG!
  • Hey islandchick! I remember you from back in 2010 when I first did Atkins as well

I couldn't afford to keep it up when my husband couldn't find work, then I got pregnant, and I got the heaviest I have ever been. With the help of Atkins I've gotten within 9 lbs of pre pregnancy weight but over 30 from my goal.

I'm taking a break right now, but it totally works. I've been doing it since February and with a few cheats and slips I still managed to lose 23 lbs.
  • Hi Stephanie! I remember you as well And yes, you're right, Atkins totally works! It's when I think I can eat whatever the heck I want that doesn't work for me
    I'm happy that you are zeroing in on your goal weight. That is awesome! I look forward to talking with you again and good luck on those last 30 and best wishes on becoming a mommy
  • "So now I am sitting here at 237. The 230's have ALWAYS been hard for me to get through..."

Word! It's like the movie Groundhog Day for me!
  • Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh.................................. .............
    Well, it's weigh day for me. STILL in the freaking 230's
    HOWEVER I did weigh in at 231.5 so I AM CLOSER, but no cigar yet
  • The 250's have been to me like the 230's have been for you... 251 one day and back up to 253 the next lol