advice switching from myfitnesspal calorie counting to atkins

• ok so ive lost 60lbs calorie counting with myfitness pal. its been great, but due to circumstances as a single mum, ive now got to switch to atkins so i can decrease my exercise. Im fine with this but im realllly scared watching those calories rack up into the 2000+ mark over the last few days. im sticking to 20g or less carbs a day and tracking those on myfitnesspal also.

will someone please confirm that 2000+ is a normal amount to be consuming on the atkins and still lose weight.

Tracie - UK
    lost 60lbs.
  • I am a little confused as to why you need to decrease exercise if you switch from calorie counting. Is it a cost factor ? You can exercise for free. The calorie question depends on what your weight is now and what your goal weight is. 2000 calories a day would be too much for me to lose on, but may not be for a heavier person,
  • Quote: I am a little confused as to why you need to decrease exercise if you switch from calorie counting.
    Possibly time and how to do it while the child is around?? I have 3 rug rats and I have to wake up at 5 am to get a little exercise. YUCK!

I would say to the OP that 2000 sounds like a lot. But I've only just started my induction, so I may be WAY off base. I've been tracking on myfitnesspal and I seem to hover around 1000 calories and I always seem to be full. Could you post a day of meals for us to look at??
  • I honestly don't see why you can't still count calories. Since you are not exercising as much, you can lower your calories by a few hundred or so.

Like others suggested, you could try to do your workouts while the child is around or get a babysitter but I don't know how old your child is. You really only need up to 30 minutes to an hour max, even 2-3 times a week is great.

PS- Just noticed this was your first post. Welcome and congrats on your 60lbs down!