June 2012 Atkins newbies and chat thread

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • 6 days into June and we now officially have a June Chat thread, lol! I am not very observant...I could have gone on for months posting in the May thread.
  • Happy June! We're getting a Russian guest through our sister cities program tomorrow,and he is apparently a vegetarian, so I have no idea what I'm going to feed him. I'm going to feel so awkward making him separate meals, but so be it. Hopefully he'll be busy with his travel group most of the time. I at least need to buy some bread and milk...
  • June it is!!!! Almost one month into Atkins I'm getting a bit bored with the food choice.... I want a nice cold fruit juice sooooo bad sometimes, tired of water!!!!
  • Yay June! hahaha

Ultra - does the guest eat seafood? You may want to ask.. that could make things easeir knowing how strict they are.. if they were vegan that'd be tough!

happyrunner - have you tried crystal light packets or something like that??
  • Quote: Yay June! hahaha

Ultra - does the guest eat seafood? You may want to ask.. that could make things easeir knowing how strict they are.. if they were vegan that'd be tough!

happyrunner - have you tried crystal light packets or something like that??
    I'm not a big fan of artificial sweeteners and last time I used I stopped losing weight... maybe I was drinking too much of it....it was at the beginning and I was in my sugar withdrawal so maybe I was using to satisfy my sugar cravings

I guess I could try again, but with limitations
  • I limit the artificial sweetners too. I think the rule of thumb is that one packet is 1 carb. My taste is changing though, sweetened things are too sweet for me now. Sometimes when I miss diet coke it's because of the bubbly so I drink a Perrier. Or I make iced tea using herb tea that has licorice root as a sweetner. Yogi tea has one called Egyptian licorice that is so flippin good, and spicy
  • Hey guys! I'm on Day 7 of Induction ... boy it has been tough. I cracked and a had a little diet soda and on one day I had an Atkins bar (induction ok). I found them both to be pretty gross!
  • Temple, I'm not a big fan of artificial or prepackaged foods either, and you absolutely don't need to eat them on Atkins. I was luke warm on Atkins when my husband talked me into doing it with him, so for the first couple weeks he made me lots of fresh, decadent food that was atkins-acceptable, like steak, bacon, and guacamole (which we pile on to lettuce leaves.) I seriously ate a steak for dinner like the first 3 nights of induction. Starting a low carb diet is hard - treat yourself.

My Russian guest does eat fish, so that's great. I was dreading cooking 2 different dinners every night.
  • Had a big fatty ribeye for dinner last night. Atkins...I love you. Lol!
    Also made a pound of bac on this morning, but...the boys inhaled almost the whole thing, I only had a piece and a half.
  • My sugar cravings are coming back....with a vengeance... And I couldn't hold on anymore and ate a bite size brownie... It tasted soooo good, it's sad! But lucky for me I'm still on ketosis; for now anyway! Went for a run this morning so I'm pretty sure that all the sugar was burned off! Went to get some Crystal Light and realize that it's made with aspartame, thought we're not allowed aspartame on Atkins so I got Nestle's which are made with sucralose and also got the new Mio water enhancer....and let me tell you that Mio thing is GOOODDDDD . Now I just have to make sure I don't overuse it Weigh-in tomorrow...afraid I wont like what it will say...don't ''feel'' like I lost weight...
  • Had a huge diet coke, kicking the sweet tooth is hard.
  • Temple I consider this to be day 7 for me. I was LCing before this but this is the first week I really was doing Atkins induction. I had to bring one of the atkins bars with me yesterday because a cook out we were at had very limited choices for me. I was not impressed. I did have a diet pepsi though and let me tell ya I missed that lol! But thats what I have been drinking my whole life.

My official weigh in today shows I am down 5lbs for the week (10lbs since I started LCing, 5 since I started induction). I am pretty pleased. anyway another cook out today but this time they said they would make me some plain chicken and a cheese burger lol. She also bought some induction safe veggies.
  • Congrats on the nice lose Brooklynn!
  • Awesome loss Brooklynn!

This weekend has not been kind to. Me. Went out to dinner with friends and it turned out they wanted Thai. Had springrolls thinking that rice wrapper is like, paper thin...looked it up...holy shiiiiiii...I just ate like, 60+ carbs!!! Not happy.
  • I think the artificial sweeteners are doing me in. I have been using the Nestle sucralose ones now and then but more often the Equal which is aspartame which Dr. A isn't fond of but it just tastes so much better than Splenda to me. Like you happyrunner, I wanted something other than bleeeepin water. Maybe I'll try some tea this week (I think I'm coming down with another cold! My throat's all scratchy.)