Just started Atkins today...

• Hi there...started Atkins today...have tried before but never made it past Day 4. This time though I really want to give it my all. I have tried Weight Watchers but I am just too hungry all the time. I have read so many success stories regarding Atkins that I have seen that it works.

So far today I have eaten:

2 boiled eggs with butter
    2 pieces of fish (haddock)
    fresh spinach and tomato with dressing
    2 sausages with a little bit of ketchup

Is this ok so far or not really...

Thank you in advance for any input...

J
  • Seems good to me, but are you actually full? It doesn't seem like very much food. Remember to eat until you're content, and drink lots of water. And don't over-do it with the ketchup and tomato, they're pretty high in carbs.
  • Yes, looks good but I'll second the watch out for tomato products. Welcome!
  • Welcome Jaye. I am restarting Atkins also first day. They also have a free website. The third and forth days are the hardest for me
  • They make sugarfree ketchup (or lower sugar).. gonna get some this weekend!! Good luck!!
  • sounds good ... just for FYI there is ketchup that has less sugar (reduced sugar) than normal ketchup (they only sell it in small bottles at my store) and its only 1 gram. Good luck to you!
  • Thanks everyone. For supper I had 2 jr bacon cheeseburgers (without bun) and a caesar salad. Did drink lots of water and so far feel pretty good except for a bit of a headache and I thought I would be hungrier (although not complaining at all). I will definitely check out the lower carb/sugar ketchup as I do like ketchup on my meat.