3rd day on Induction and LOVING it so far

• i am a type 2 diabetic on metformin. i was a calorie counter on a lower fat diet for over a year and i lost about 50 lbs total in that time, bringing me down to 100 lbs lost from my all time high. no matter what i ate or when i exercised i never had my blood sugars come down under 200. from day one on induction, i saw my blood sugar come down by over 100 points. this has been awesome so far. i am still having the dawn phenomenon and i know it will take time until they stabilize completely, but its been great to not only have the effect of already losing weight (5 lbs so far!), my blood sugars are coming down and i feel fantastic!
  • Hi Amber!
    Today is also my third day and I'm feeling pretty good (minus a headache)! Congrats on your weight loss and keep going there are lots of newbies like me who are excited for the days ahead!
  • Congrats on your weight loss so far Amber, 95lb that's AMAZING!!!

I'm starting Atkins tomorrow or Sunday at the latest, want to make sure I have everything I need and clean up my pantry. Since we are all three newbies we could be buddies, no? That would be fun! Are you using the ketostix?
  • Quote: i am a type 2 diabetic on metformin. i was a calorie counter on a lower fat diet for over a year and i lost about 50 lbs total in that time, bringing me down to 100 lbs lost from my all time high. no matter what i ate or when i exercised i never had my blood sugars come down under 200. from day one on induction, i saw my blood sugar come down by over 100 points. this has been awesome so far. i am still having the dawn phenomenon and i know it will take time until they stabilize completely, but its been great to not only have the effect of already losing weight (5 lbs so far!), my blood sugars are coming down and i feel fantastic!
    Congrats Amber! What an awesome achievement to finally have control over your blood sugars... I know that feels great!!! I too am down 5 lbs after 6 days and very excited about the possibilities here. I have about 60 lbs total to lose so we are working towards a similar goal. I wish you all the best! We can do it!!
  • Quote: Hi Amber!
    Today is also my third day and I'm feeling pretty good (minus a headache)! Congrats on your weight loss and keep going there are lots of newbies like me who are excited for the days ahead!
    Quote: Congrats on your weight loss so far Amber, 95lb that's AMAZING!!!

I'm starting Atkins tomorrow or Sunday at the latest, want to make sure I have everything I need and clean up my pantry. Since we are all three newbies we could be buddies, no? That would be fun! Are you using the ketostix?
    Hey kitty and happyrunner,
    Glad to see some others all starting up at the same time!! I am excited about this new journey and look forward to sharing it with all of you... I had the greatest of friends (online) several years ago when I did Metabolic Research Center diet. We encouraged eachother every day and it was great fun to hear how everyone was doing and to share recipes. They way the would keep up with eachother easier was to creat a new thread for each month for general chat and encouragement. If there was something special they would post under a thread created for that or one of its own. I can try to do that for this month and maybe we can all keep up with eachother there. I lost track of my buddies when I became pregnant and ofcourse dropped out of the plan! I went through serious diet friend withdrawals for months!!! Anyways, looking forward to getting to know all of you! Best wishes everyone!
    p.s. happyrunner, I am using ketostix and so far very happy with it. I am the type that likes to track closely what foods effect me and might shift me out of ketosis so I check for ketones twice a day. On day 4 I began to test positive for trace ketones in am and had moderate ketones by that night.... iT really helped motivate me and I was so excited to see results of my hard work. The next day, I had dropped 2 lbs and it has begun melting away. I don't know if I will always do this but sure has kept me motivated thus far, especially when I finally started to hit ketosis on day 3 and was feeling so tired and sluggish, to see ketones the next day was gratifying. Let me know how it goes for you.
  • Quote: Hi Amber!
    honey advil and tylenol are your friend for the headaches!

Quote: Congrats on your weight loss so far Amber, 95lb that's AMAZING!!!

thank you! it took me a long, long time to lose that 95 lbs doing calorie counting/low fat and i was miserable. i am thankful i have kept it off! i haven't used the ketostix yet, i was going to pick some up later this week, i've just been going on how i feel, the scale and seeing my cravings disappear.

Quote: Congrats Amber! What an awesome achievement to finally have control over your blood sugars... I know that feels great!!! I too am down 5 lbs after 6 days and very excited about the possibilities here. I have about 60 lbs total to lose so we are working towards a similar goal. I wish you all the best! We can do it!!
    i don't have full control yet and i know it will come with time, but it is so exciting to see this diet do it in a few days when taking meds and following a doctor approved/ADA diet couldn't do in 2 years!

thank you all, ladies! yes, i would LOVE for us to keep in touch and encourage each other! i have had more people trying to discourage me and do something different. well this is working for me and i am loving it so far. unfortunately today i am under the weather with allergies and a nasty cold. i got pretty sick yesterday due to overheating and let's just say that there are certain foods i do NOT want. so now i'm trying to figure out how to stay on the program while being sick. i'm actually happy this happened as atkins is a lifestyle change and the earlier i learn how to handle things like this the better. together we can and will do this!