Old 04-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/262.6/175

Height: 5'3"

Default Need help

So, I'm about 9 days in to my new Atkins diet, and everything is going great! I've already lost some weight and all! I was wondering, is there a too low number of carbs? I've been averaging about 12g/day. Also, my daughter's birthday is tomorrow and I'm fighting with myself on whether I should cheat for a day and then get back to it or stay away from it altogether? I'd love to have a piece of cake =o)
Also, IF I have a little cake tomorrow, do I have to start induction all over again? I'm going arguing with myself! Someone help!
MommaStarett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaStarett View Post
So, I'm about 9 days in to my new Atkins diet, and everything is going great! I've already lost some weight and all! I was wondering, is there a too low number of carbs? I've been averaging about 12g/day. Also, my daughter's birthday is tomorrow and I'm fighting with myself on whether I should cheat for a day and then get back to it or stay away from it altogether? I'd love to have a piece of cake =o)
Also, IF I have a little cake tomorrow, do I have to start induction all over again? I'm going arguing with myself! Someone help!
Congratulations on your weight loss so far!
To answer your question, yes, it is possible to keep your carbs too low. You should be aiming for 20 net carbs per day with 12-15 of those coming from veggies & salads on the acceptable foods list.
As for the cake...I personally would skip it all together. If there is 1 thing that stuck out in my mind when I read Dr. Atkins New Revolution, it was Dr. Atkins saying you must get passed your thinking "a little taste of this or that isn't going to hurt"...he said it is the kiss of death...and...I so agree! You might want to have a look here for an Atkins Induction friendly sweet treat (anything marked with an * is Induction appropriate).
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
I hope this helps!
All the best to you!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 04-20-2012 at 11:05 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #3  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

I wouldn't have the cake either. Once you have that piece of cake, all of your sugar cravings will return, it will be like starting on square one. Eating the cake is not that important, it is sharing the celebration with your family and loved ones.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote