Old 03-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 206/195/121

Height: 5'4"

So here it is another week and I have not lost or gained an ounce this week but I am still in ketosis. I did however stop talking the pill about two months ago and just today had TOM. Wondering if this will effect my weightloss. I have decided to forgo the BBQ this weekend as I don't wnat to be tempted.....
Buckaustink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #137  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

182.8 Slow and steady wins the race right?

I worked out that I'm losing about 1 lb to 1.5 lbs a week. Which means by summer I'll have lost an additional 15-20 lbs or around that. I'm 21 lbs from my pre pregnancy weight of 164 so I'm fine with that. I was happy at 164 though I look best at 150 ish (I want to go to 140 this time though).

I'm considering having a small cheat to see if that will help reset me so I'm losing quickly again. Even though the dinners at the in laws stalled me I would see quick losses sometimes afterwards. Maybe if I make it a controlled cheat it will do something? Still not sure if I want to do this though.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaustink View Post
So here it is another week and I have not lost or gained an ounce this week but I am still in ketosis. I did however stop talking the pill about two months ago and just today had TOM. Wondering if this will effect my weightloss. I have decided to forgo the BBQ this weekend as I don't wnat to be tempted.....
You'll get back to losing.. so keep on what you are doing.. I'm not sure about the going off the pill may have something to do with but I know it plays around with your hormones and some women retain more water with the pill..

If you are weak then don't go and put yourself in that situation. I maybe extreme here but I see if food is you weakness think of like a drug addict.. Of you are trying to get off drug then going to a party where drugs is all around isn't idea..
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieM View Post
182.8 Slow and steady wins the race right?

I worked out that I'm losing about 1 lb to 1.5 lbs a week. Which means by summer I'll have lost an additional 15-20 lbs or around that. I'm 21 lbs from my pre pregnancy weight of 164 so I'm fine with that. I was happy at 164 though I look best at 150 ish (I want to go to 140 this time though).

I'm considering having a small cheat to see if that will help reset me so I'm losing quickly again. Even though the dinners at the in laws stalled me I would see quick losses sometimes afterwards. Maybe if I make it a controlled cheat it will do something? Still not sure if I want to do this though.
hey that is good that you are losing a loss is a loss.. I did hear after a cheat you tend to lose weight a bit more quikly.. I'm not sure how true that is but I've read on many different forums where some atkins dieters would give themself a day where they would eat whatever they want them went back to inductio and lost more weigh.. If you decide to do that let me know.. however I do realize that everyone is different
Old 03-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #140  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Quote:
Originally Posted by rho1640 View Post
Buck - try getting something that is too snug to wear - and keep trying it on - sometimes when the scale stays the same the body is re-adjusting - kind of like it can't do both things at the same time when it reaches certain points.. I went thru my little "stuck" and I know I changed measurements during that time.
I totally agree with this. Jeans work the best for this. I would even go as far as buying yourself a pair of jeans in the next size down. I bought myself a pair of white jeans that are too tight now, but I am determined to wear them.

I can also always tell if I am retaining water if my ring gets tight. I notice that if it is a rainy day, I usually retain water.

I wouldn't avoid going to events just so I wouldn't tempt myself. We have to learn how to eat well for the rest of our lives. If you go to a BBQ, eat the meat and bring a big green salad along.

Keep on Doing It.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post
I totally agree with this. Jeans work the best for this. I would even go as far as buying yourself a pair of jeans in the next size down. I bought myself a pair of white jeans that are too tight now, but I am determined to wear them.

I can also always tell if I am retaining water if my ring gets tight. I notice that if it is a rainy day, I usually retain water.

I wouldn't avoid going to events just so I wouldn't tempt myself. We have to learn how to eat well for the rest of our lives. If you go to a BBQ, eat the meat and bring a big green salad along.

Keep on Doing It.
Thanks guys you are great. Another reason I am not going to the event is honeslty I have nothign to wear. I do have a size smaller jeans I will start trying on and see what happens. I thought about having a cheat day but I don't want to start down that slippery slope...thanks again for the support
Old 03-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 265/264/165

Height: 5'8

I have found if I have a cheat day I do lose quicker, it's just a matter of not overdoing it. It seems as if it resets my system. I try to eat on plan all day and then do the cheat at night so that way I'm not tempted to go off plan all day.
airomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:05 AM   #143  

I'm a bit too scared to try the cheat day LOL I'll wait until I reach goal. But it does appear that after a cheat people start to lose quicker.. maybe because it does reset the system.. I'm not sure on that one..
Old 03-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #144  
Never Giving Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter74 View Post
I'm a bit too scared to try the cheat day LOL I'll wait until I reach goal. But it does appear that after a cheat people start to lose quicker.. maybe because it does reset the system.. I'm not sure on that one..
I would never try a "cheat" day either. For me it would be like an alcoholic "cheating" with a couple of shots of whiskey.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post
I would never try a "cheat" day either. For me it would be like an alcoholic "cheating" with a couple of shots of whiskey.
My point excatly Serenity! I wouldn't put myself in that situation as I don't have that control yet to stop. So no cheat day until I've reached goal and then I will be very hestitant.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #146  
Never Giving Up

Happy Sunday! It has been very quiet around here lately, hope all is well.

Sunday is my weigh-in day and drum roll please. . . .2 lbs of fat gone!

That gives me a total of 9 lbs in three weeks.

Since my goal was to lose 10 by Easter, I think I am gonna make it. I am going to up that to 12 lbs total by Easter.

I walked 3 days last week. I need to up that to 5/7 days of exercise. If it is raining, I will do the exercise bike or treadmill. (sad that we have this stuff in my home and I don't use them, I know. Have to work on that)

Going to try another Atkins recipe this week. The cauliflower crust pizza. Will report back.

Going to stick 100% on plan, it's been working so far. I'm using the NEW plan, have an occasional bar or shake. I have decided to not have any alcohol until May 19th. Why? Because I have a wedding to go to that day, and want to look good. I'm not sure how alcohol is going to affect the weight loss.

One last thing, in this novel. . . .last week I ate out 4 meals! And I managed to still lose. I ordered the salad with chicken each time, and drank water. Out of necessity, I actually had to order the salad at Pizza Hut in Walmart. For the record, the chicken was really good. The salad part gross.

Keep on doing it!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #147  

Congrats on the loss serenith woohoo you should be doing the carrot dance. 9lbs in 3 weeks is great that's like 2.5 pounds a week which is good.

I'm going to make 6 pounds by Easter not sure if I'll do 10 but I'll take 6. I don't blame you for sticking with the plan 100% you have to do what works for you. Counting carbs and my calories and exercising 4 days a week as got me back on the weight loss movement. I told myself that I'd like to lose 2 - 3 lbs a week and if I can do that great. They say losing weigh slowly is the way to go espeically if you are getting close to goal..

I like the idea of waiting until the wedding before having alcohol. I'm going to wait until I reach goal..

keep on going..

Last edited by globetrotter74; 03-20-2012 at 09:13 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-22-2012, 03:15 AM   #148  

How is everyone doing on the Easter Challenge? I won't be no where near a 20 pound loss but maybe around 8. I'll take it
Old 03-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #149  

Well it seems that cutting back on cheese and nuts is working for me. Lost 2lbs this week so far..hope everyone else is doing good
Old 03-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #150  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaustink View Post
Well it seems that cutting back on cheese and nuts is working for me. Lost 2lbs this week so far..hope everyone else is doing good
woohoo Buck the cheese got me too last time so that is why I started to count my calories.. I'll weigh myself saturday morning and see what I have lost..