Old 03-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #121  
Ms. Fat Smasher

S/C/G: 338/329/175

Height: 6'0

Ugggh...I went to the beach this weekend and totally got off my low carb eating plan. I'm not even going to mention what I ate Saturday and Sunday, but I've decided to fast from yesterday's dinner to this evening's dinner, and start fresh. I usually weigh myself every Monday, but I didn't dare get on it this morning! My tummy is roaring right now, and I'm drinking water left and right. I'll have a nice salad with chicken, melted cheddar, bacon bits and ranch dressing for dinner...and it'll make it all better!
fatklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 206/195/121

Height: 5'4"

Default Scale moving again

After almost 2 weeks of no weight gain or lose my scale is moving down again. I doubt I will reach my goal of 175 by April 16 so I am now shotting for 180
Buckaustink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaustink View Post
After almost 2 weeks of no weight gain or lose my scale is moving down again. I doubt I will reach my goal of 175 by April 16 so I am now shotting for 180
It appears we all are in the same boat with the scale not moving.. but at least it gives me hope that it will..

Fatklr just jump back on the wagon, it happens to the best of us.. keep on going

Last edited by globetrotter74; 03-12-2012 at 02:19 PM.
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #124  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Has anyone tried those MIM's (Muffin in a Minute) they are always talking about on the Atkins.com board? Well, I did, and it came out awesome! You make it in a mug in the microwave, and then I cut it in two and toasted it, and the put butter on it. yummy! You need to buy flax meal. It is not hard to find, I actually found it in my regular grocery store. I get some good ideas from the Atkins FB page.

Yesterday I went out to eat, and ordered a delicious salad, it was very Atkins friendly. It came with 2 slices of the most delicious homemade bread on the side, and I told the waiter, "No thank you, we don't need bread" Also turned down the wine, but ordered some fancy mineral water instead.

I can eat the bars or shakes, just not on the same day. If I use two on the same days, I have bathroom issues.

A gorgeous day out here, I am going to walk to the store to pick up more salad fixin's. That is the hardest part of this plan for me, keeping up with having all the fresh vegetables on hand. But I'm not complaining.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #125  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

183.2 Still going down but shocking as I had a Halls again last night so I could get to sleep. I'm feeling a lot better today, still have the cough which I think is my body trying to get rid of the yuckiness in my throat.

I'm scared to try the MIM, I've heard they can be addictive and some people go overboard with them. Though it does seem like a good option if you have those bread cravings!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieM View Post
183.2 Still going down but shocking as I had a Halls again last night so I could get to sleep. I'm feeling a lot better today, still have the cough which I think is my body trying to get rid of the yuckiness in my throat.

I'm scared to try the MIM, I've heard they can be addictive and some people go overboard with them. Though it does seem like a good option if you have those bread cravings!
Congrats Steph, I'm happy the scale is moving for you.. just keep on going and don't stop. That's what I'm doing regardless if the scale moves or not. I'm changing somethings this week to see if it help with the scales so I'll see at the end of the week. What is funny to me is that I'll weigh myself and it'll be the same in the morning on an empty stomach, the same in afternoon after I've had lunch and drank a lot of water and the evening so something isn't quite right so I'm just going to keep on..I have a digital scale that I use so I'm just going to stick with it and I weigh in the same place all the time so who knows.. but I know it'll move eventually.. like I said I'm aiming for 6 pounds as the minimum for Easter, I can do it.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #127  
Losing the baby weight

Typically when I weigh later on in the day I'm heavier than in the morning, Atkins is actually the only diet where I've weighed the same or less later in the day then I did that morning.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #128  

I have no clue what is going on with my weight as I'll weigh the same all day even after a meal..

I did read where in Atkins where you will go through a stall.. look at Buck after 2 weeks her scale started to go back down.. so I guess I'm in a stall period maybe or my body holds water a lot, who knows but I have lost inches so that is a good thing.. I really need to go to scale addicts meeting LOL
Old 03-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #129  

Yet another day with no weight loss..I am trying not to get discourged because I don't want to gain the 11 lbs I ahve lost..but I am fearful that this is as good as it gets. Need to refocus and get back to the plan
Old 03-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaustink View Post
Yet another day with no weight loss..I am trying not to get discourged because I don't want to gain the 11 lbs I ahve lost..but I am fearful that this is as good as it gets. Need to refocus and get back to the plan
Buck don't get discourage, Me too starting today, I'm writing down everything I eat and the calories as well.. sometimes on atkins we can eat a lot of meat etc.. and I can say for me wasn't really counting the calories. The last time I did this I counted my calories and carbs and was very successful at it. I always wrote down my calorie deficit for the day as 3500 deficit is one pound loss.. this works for me but setup a system that works for you.. I know if I have a deficit that eventually I will get a loss..

Buck you and I are the same height and goals are within 4 pounds of each other so we should try and encourage each other or be dieting partners.. I was thinking about going down to 120 but I'll see how I look at feel when I'm at 125..

KEEP ON GOING...
Old 03-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #131  

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter74 View Post
Buck don't get discourage, Me too starting today, I'm writing down everything I eat and the calories as well.. sometimes on atkins we can eat a lot of meat etc.. and I can say for me wasn't really counting the calories. The last time I did this I counted my calories and carbs and was very successful at it. I always wrote down my calorie deficit for the day as 3500 deficit is one pound loss.. this works for me but setup a system that works for you.. I know if I have a deficit that eventually I will get a loss..

Buck you and I are the same height and goals are within 4 pounds of each other so we should try and encourage each other or be dieting partners.. I was thinking about going down to 120 but I'll see how I look at feel when I'm at 125..

KEEP ON GOING...
Thanks I am going to start back 110% tomorrow..not going to wait till Monday like the old saying diet starts on Monday. I have about 4 weeks till I am in Vegas so I am using that as an incentative to at least lose 10-15 more lbs. Thanks again for the encourgement
Old 03-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #132  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Don't worry about trying to make a MIM, they are a good alternative to eggs for breakfast, but they aren't that good that you can get addicted. Plus, you have to make them one at a time, so it's not like you have five in front of you that you can pig out on.

I had two very stressful days at work, and managed to stay on plan. I haven't been drinking diet coke since I started, but yesterday I had two large ones. I noticed that it caused me to retain some water, but now everything seems ok.

I weigh myself everyday, but I notice that it fluctuates, so I just have to stick with the number on weigh in day, whether I like it or not.

Don't give up, keep on doing it.

Oh, and I got some walking in, I forced myself to walk the mile to the store to pick up some more salad stuff and a mile back.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #133  
Losing the baby weight

183.0 Happy I'm still able to lose with the Halls. Also mixed a vanilla Atkins shake with some cold coffee and almond milk because I hadn't gotten enough calories, it was good! I'm actually going just over 20 carbs for the last few days and I noticed the weight loss has slowed but is still there. Not drinking on weekends because I've been sick helps too. Can't make any garuntees for St Patty's day though!

Baby got up at 1 am because the diaper rash is back, it's been a tough day. We're going to the walk in clinic when my husband gets home in an hour and a half. I need this thing gone!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:04 AM   #134  

Hey Steph congrats on the weigh going down.. Take care of yourself is what is most important and you are doing good.. finally my weigh as started to go down so I'm happy. I should be 139/138 by Easter which is awesome.. Reading everyones post motivates me to keep going and don't let what the scale says affect me too much.. but I am addicted to the scale if I must say
Old 03-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Buck - try getting something that is too snug to wear - and keep trying it on - sometimes when the scale stays the same the body is re-adjusting - kind of like it can't do both things at the same time when it reaches certain points.. I went thru my little "stuck" and I know I changed measurements during that time.

Last edited by rho1640; 03-16-2012 at 10:44 AM.
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote