Old 03-05-2012, 01:53 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 265/264/165

Height: 5'8

Stephanie: I don't remember how my TOM was right after I had my son but I got an IUD probably about 8 weeks after I had him so I didn't have a period until I got it removed a year and a half later and I had the worst PMS including being tired all the time and it being super heavy, I found iron really helped with the exhaustion. It has balanced out a bit in the last year but it was best when I was on birth control (I've been too lazy to go back in and get it refilled) definitely helped balance out all the crazy hormones so I would guess within a month or two you probably will barely notice.
airomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:42 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

Hey Stephanie glad to see that the lbs are moving down again.. Sorry about TOM and the problems it is giving you. I was on depo almost 2 years ago and stopped 1 year ago and after 1 year did my cycle finally go back to normal. I decided to give my body a break from birth control and lose the weight that I need then maybe I'll look into some birth control..

I got on the scale and it went down just a bit so I'm happy..
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #78  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Happy Monday!
Yesterday I made a Perdue Oven stuffer roaster. I bought then when they were on sale, and once you make one, you can get plenty of meals out of it for you and your family. I didn't stuff it, of course, but I made stove top stuffing for my son to eat with it. I eat the chicken with all the salad and vegetables as a jumbo salad. It's great being able to eat a piece of skin with no guilt.

Keep on doing it.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

so my weigh in for the week was PATHETIC to say the least I am really hoping its just AF still hanging around so I will weigh my self again when she leaves and go from there. Its not like I am expecting miracles here but come on! Anyway needed to add that little rant sorry. Hope you all are well!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #80  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Guess what the scale said today? 186.0

I know what the culprit is though. It's my own fault. What was supposed to be a short visit turned into dinner at the in laws again. I ate chili but didn't have any garlic bread. The chili was light on beans but had brown sugar and who knows what else in it. I need to just refuse to eat when I'm there.

Also, I didn't realise that the seroquel I'm taking can cause weight gain. I've been doing a lot of reading and it seems that low carbing is about the only way to lose weight on it so looks like I'm on the right track. May just be losing slower in the future.

And TOM is on day 4. Pre-baby it was 3 days and light.

Hope everyone is doing well!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 166.5/162.5/130

Height: 4'11

Good Evening girls!! I was thinking of joining but then realized Easter is only 4weeks away and since you guys started this challenge I have only lost 1.5 lbs. 18.5 in 4 weeks although wonderful might be tough!! Sooooo, on that note maybe the next challenge count me in I need all the motivation and challenge I can get. 10 lbs down and 30 more to go!! I can do this!!

Wishing you all the best of luck on your goals for Easter!! You all can do it!!

J
jmcNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:43 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

Hey everyone

Brooklynn and Stephanie, I think both your cases it is TOM. Just hang in there and wait until after TOM and weigh yourself again. If you have been sticking to plan you should be ok.

Stephanie even if you had a little slip and that was a little slip you aren't going to gain 2 pounds overnight. I think TOM is the culprit here..

jmcNY you still can do the easter challenge just set a goal of maybe 10 pounds or give yourself a goal you want to lose by then..

have a good one everyone and stay positive we all are losers
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:46 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 265/264/165

Height: 5'8

220 today, almost halfway to my goal I'm feeling pretty motivated. Hopefully I'll catch up on sleep soon because I think that's slowing my weight loss.
airomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #84  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

186.4... ugh. I wish I knew what it was. Still on TOM but it's light now. I'm so scared it's the medication after reading about people gaining 30 lbs on it in a month. I decided to only take one pill before bed instead of two since two make me really dopey as it's been almost 2 years since I've been on it.

Just google seroquel and weight gain and there are so many horrible stories about it. I'm sticking on plan and I'm going to stay strong and hope I see a drop. My plan for now to fight back is:

-Take vitamin B in the morning so I'm not feeling lazy all day, it'll help me with energy
-Going to watch my calories more than I usually do. I count them but don't set a limit.
-Drink more water! This is something I've slipped on lately.
-Push myself to find a way to work out. I think my daughter might be calm long enough for me to work out if I put her in her swing at the right time.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #85  

stephanie, I have noticed a stall too and I am guessing a few things, adding the gym 5 days a week, TOM, using splenda at about 3 carbs a day, and/or the fact that I am on chantix to quit smoking. only one of these things can I really weed out so I got rid of the splenda habit lol. I am not eating more than I normally would so I am hoping that all but the chantix are causing this because splenda I can get rid of the gym will pay off eventually and TOM will go away soon I hope! So Im feeling like we are ridding in similar boats here lol.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 206/195/121

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieM View Post
Guess what the scale said today? 186.0

I know what the culprit is though. It's my own fault. What was supposed to be a short visit turned into dinner at the in laws again. I ate chili but didn't have any garlic bread. The chili was light on beans but had brown sugar and who knows what else in it. I need to just refuse to eat when I'm there.

Also, I didn't realise that the seroquel I'm taking can cause weight gain. I've been doing a lot of reading and it seems that low carbing is about the only way to lose weight on it so looks like I'm on the right track. May just be losing slower in the future.

And TOM is on day 4. Pre-baby it was 3 days and light.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Stephanie I too was on sequeal for years and yep it will cause weight gain big time but it made me eat in the middle of the night
Buckaustink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 206/195/121

Height: 5'4"

Default ouggghhhhh

So feeling frustrated didn't lose anything last week and nothing this week so far...I am going to push through and make it happen....
Buckaustink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:32 AM   #88  

had a woosh this morning! I am very exited because the scale hasn't moved in more than a week! down from 198 to 195 this week. so that end the first two weeks of induction with a 13lb loss!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:36 AM   #89  

and ps it came after AF left I really hate that chick! :P
Old 03-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaustink View Post
So feeling frustrated didn't lose anything last week and nothing this week so far...I am going to push through and make it happen....
are you drinking pop, eating atkins bars, using fake sugar in any other way? These things didnt stall me last time I was on atkins but did this time.