Old 03-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieM View Post
186.0 again, have my pap today and still no TOM. I joked to my husband that I was pregnant again, he didn't find it funny haha.

Hope everyone is doing well!
LOL don't give your husband a heart attack like that LOL... It's definitely water as I'm back to my original weight before TOM and yesterday it was up. I'm not going to get on the scale until TOM is gone. Then I can determine how much have I lost.

Last edited by globetrotter74; 03-01-2012 at 04:52 PM.
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cldwv View Post
Hello everyone. I figured this was the best place to post this question. I have been on Atkins for ~30 days. I've dropped 14 pounds but I seem to be holding steady there. Is this common? What should I do to get things going again?
Have you added any new items to your diet? also are you on induction or OWL?
Old 03-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #48  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter74 View Post
LOL you are too funny girl scout cookies are like crack LOL.. but at least you did give them away and didn't give in.
I didn't make it up, I actually stole it from Pinterest. Someone actually took a picture of the ingredients panel of the Mint Cookies and then photoshopped in crack, in the list of ingredients. lol But I'm glad you like it.

Today I had a nice surprise when I got home. My free introductory kit from Atkins was waiting for me at my front door. So proud of myself that I am more thrilled about the pocket carb counter then the three free bars. I am saving those bars for a severe emergency. I want to give up sweets and snacking for good, don't need to fall back on any nasty habits, especially since it hasn't been a week yet.

Keeping on doing it!
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 5'8

Default Helpppp

i weigh 220 and need help to lose weight eat better and get off my butt!!
i am 30 years old single and am not feeling to good about myself
i have a few weddings this summer and would love to look good and feel good too!
please help!
stluciahereicome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

so ladies idk if you remember me saying that I was having an issue with my digi scale weighing heavier than my analog scale.... but I went to the doc today and it confirmed that my digi is the one that is correct as sad as that is, but that means that I actually have lost more weight than I though in this first week and a half however heavier than I thought I currently was( I know confusing). I have been monitoring my weight on both scales I went from 208 to 198 on the digi but 195 to 190 on the analog, I am just sticking with the digi here on out the analog was a cheapy from walmart so really no surprise it doesn't work right. so I changed my tickers if you happen to wonder why they are different now.
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stluciahereicome View Post
i weigh 220 and need help to lose weight eat better and get off my butt!!
i am 30 years old single and am not feeling to good about myself
i have a few weddings this summer and would love to look good and feel good too!
please help!
well first you have to make a choice in how you want to go about doing that but this is a super place for support! I am thrilled for you that you are ready to make a change, but dont jump into anything until your sure what you want to do that will save from the issues of wondering if your doing some thing wrong etc... Good luck to you!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #52  

Quote:
Congrats memoree!

186.0 today, a new low which is nice I am bloated though! I looked in the mirror this morning and realised I was sucking in my stomach. I let it out and wow, haha. I just hope my period holds off until after my pap on Thursday because it was a b*tch to schedule as it is a dual appointment for me and my daughter.
AF came to visit me last night and dear lord am I bloated! No wonder the scale was not my friend today lol its funny because I always seem to start right before my pap is due I was supposed to have one tomorrow thinking I was safe because its not been 28 days yet and go figure I started early UGH!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 265/264/165

Height: 5'8

Brooklynn I totally had the same problem! I couldn't find my digital scale (surprise it was at the bottom of a box I hadn't unpacked) and had been using an analog one. When I found my digital it said I weighed 3 pounds more than the analog but still lost the same amount of weight. I figured i'd stick with the digital from here on out so I adjusted my numbers.
Stlucia: if you are unsure if you can handle Atkins I would suggest reading about induction on the Atkins site first and making sure it looks like it's something you can handle. Then cleaning out your kitchen and getting rid of all prohibited food to avoid temptation. It can be a hard transition but I know after a couple of weeks on Atkins I feel amazing! Like Brooklynn said, if you're looking for support you've come to the right place
airomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #54  
Marshmallow Chica

S/C/G: 348/328/150

Default Challenge Accepted :))

I'm in!!! 20lbs by Easter 2012 )
cupcakegirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:09 AM   #55  

I think TOM is rubbing off on everyone LOL..
Old 03-02-2012, 01:42 AM   #56  
carvinmom

S/C/G: 359/254/150

Height: 5'5''

Default checking in

hi,
Ive been busy going to doctor appointments and have been slacking in keeping up with my checking in. Im not doing to bad with the low carbing but im sure missing my Cheetos!!!!!!!!!!! Im hungry most of the time but find im not eating enough carbs. I went and joined fitnesspal.com and thanks whoever mentioned the site. I really like it and its so computer friendly..
Gonna try to find some more good recipes for low carbing, im bored with the same old same old pattern. So i got some smoothie fixens today and promise myself to get more protein in..
thanks for the challenge,, linda
carvinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 206/195/121

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
We have a challenge for all low carbers (not just Atkins specific) in the other low carb forum right now.

You guys are welcome to come join us over there if you would like

Or if you want to have a seperate thread just for Atkins people that's up to you too.

My goal is 20 lbs by Easter... not sure if I'll hit it since I'm past the 'whoosh' stage where you lose a lot quickly.
What is a "whoosh" stage. This week I have lost and gained the same lb and I am very disappointed. I am not giving up but I sooo want to make 20lb by my Vegas trip.
Buckaustink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #58  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

187.0 today. Doctors appointment went well, got a perscription for seroquel and yaz. I've been on yaz for a month already trying it out and the pharmacist mentioned it would make me retain a lot of water for the first month or so. That explains why my weight has been bouncing around, also the impending TOM (I hope!)

Husband went out of town this morning to go on a little vacation with a friend, MIL is taking my daughter tonight and I'm going to go drinking at a gay bar with the SIL I get along with
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #59  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Buckaustink, a lot of people get it in the beginning of the diet where a lot of weight drops off quickly before weight loss starts evening out. Doesn't happen to everyone though.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #60  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter74 View Post
I think TOM is rubbing off on everyone LOL..
Not me. But just wait to you hit menopause and you pack on ten lbs just by looking at food. Not trying to scare you or anything.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote