Old 08-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 305/290/155

Height: 5'7"

Let me know on the oopsie recipe with flax, I'd like to try that.
I make my BLT's like a salad, or I just use a giant piece of lettuce and make a wrap. Yum!

For the low carb pizza I use the flax pizza crust, but I know there's a cauliflower crust thats good too.
startanew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:14 PM   #17  
starting over again

S/C/G: 204.6/197.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by startanew View Post
Let me know on the oopsie recipe with flax, I'd like to try that.
I make my BLT's like a salad, or I just use a giant piece of lettuce and make a wrap. Yum!

For the low carb pizza I use the flax pizza crust, but I know there's a cauliflower crust thats good too.

We do the original oopsies from The Lighter Side of Low Carb but add 28 grams of flax seed meal to the cream cheese and egg mixture. It binds up a little better. We also use Wilton mini cake pans for them. They pop out easier. The other type of buns my husband saw recently were called Floopsies on another site. We haven't tried to make them yet but they might be easier. I'll let you know if they are any good and post the recipe too.

I had the BLT salad. That was good. I had it in a bowl and it was so good. That is one of my staples for sure. I'm going to make the flax pizza crust. It sounds really good. I am not sure if Flax is okay on induction. I hardly use any for the oopsies but there is quite a bit in that crust. I'll have to reread the book.

Tonight we're having a beef roast that's been in the crock pot since 9 am with mashed, loaded cauliflower.

I think I am getting back in the swing of low carb now. I do need to get some ketosticks one of these days.
Windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Wow, so much support here. We are some awesome chicks!

I too find that eating carbs makes me hungry. I ate a large meal (all on plan except 4 bites) at Ryans last night with my BFF. On the way home we went by McD's - she drove through and got 20 pc mcnuggets for herself. I didn't even want one. Not a bite of them. And they are one of my favorite things. It had been hours since I ate. I was still very full. I passed graciously, not something that would have happened any other time.

I allow a few frankenfoods - Atkins shakes (maybe 1-3/week), LC ketchup (approx 1/wk), diet sodas (ok, I tried to reduce them, I'm not ready, life's too hard for me right now and I need my crutch and it's not as bad as eating a pie which is my alternative).

Windy - glad you are here. I keep nearly primal - and I think once I'm at goal I may just go primal completely. My exceptions are above. I eat real foods - I shop frozen veg, produce, meat section. I'm careful about the rest. And it's working. The shakes keep me on plan on mornings and at the office when I don't have good choices on hand. The ketchup, is just because sometimes you need a little ketchup on a burger salad. The diet soda I have reduced greatly to about 3/day.

Also, windy, I'd be interested in that whoopsie version you have! I've never tried them, could be handy to have a "bun" to grab somedays.

My favorite low carb pizza is a dump. I "dump" all the stuff I like on top of a pizza into a little oven safe dish - one per person - and bake until bubbly, little brown. Eat with fork. It's like eating the top off a pizza. I rarely make these, but it's good for pizza craving nights.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #19  
starting over again

That pizza dump sound good and easy. I LIVE for easy! I cooked up some thin pork chops today. I like them cold and I like to dip them into Smokin' Joe's BBQ sauce. I order it online directly from his company. I have never found a better low carb BBQ sauce.

I broke down and had a caffeine free diet coke. I tried to give up all pop but boy I like to have one every few days. I looked for any diet soda type drink at my grocery store that doesn't contain aspertame. I couldn't find any besides diet rite. I really don't like that brand. Even Chrystal Light has aspertame. I guess water will have to do. It's not bad it I keep it super cold.

I am making "Floopsies" today. I'm doing a little bit of experimenting with how much coconut flour to have. It's not really an induction friendly item but has very little. I will update if they turn out well.

Tonight is guacamole/taco salad. I have some avocados I need to use up.

Kel, I would love to watch someone eat Mc Donalds and not be hungry. I actually broke down and bought some Atkin's shakes. I'm going to just drink them when I run out of time or energy. The dark chocolate one is the only one I like when it is ICE cold. I think with the amount of frankenfoods you have you shouldn't have any problems at all. I think the lc bars are the worst for you. When there are a few sugar alcohols, I don't think it's that bad. Oh, I agree, gotta have my ketchup!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #20  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Good for you, Kel, on passing on the McNuggets. If you ever see how they're made and what goes in them, you'll NEVER want another one near you. Google "How chicken nuggets are made" - there are a couple of youtube videos. You'll never want a mechanically separated, artificially texturized and processed Frankenugget again in your life. Super-disgusting. I don't eat ANY chicken unless I see the bone, and it's recognizable as part of an actual chicken. And I'm getting "iffy" on that.

I'm trying your Pizza Dump tonight for dinner...the name isn't attractive, but it's just what I think I want.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #21  

I've been super good today. Totally on plan, except running over on diet soda. I've been busy, and thirsty, and it was totally tasty.

Sandy, hope you enjoyed pizza dump. I'm planning a round of it Friday night. We have a Friday night pizza tradition. And, from another thread, I'm looking into the links for spinach, kale and green bean crunchy snack ideas. I'll find something in there to try out.

On other fronts: I didn't get the job I applied for. I got a job, but not one I enjoy anymore. So, a serious job hunt begins....

Last edited by Arkansas Kel; 08-07-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #22  
starting over again

Hi Kel,

Sorry about the job. There will be a better one out there. I like your Friday night pizza night. We decided on Tuesday Tacos here! I made a taco dump last night. I thought I was on plan yesterday, no processed foods but I gained .4 lbs. So I am down 4.2 since last week Monday. I really remember the weight dropping a little quicker during the first week of induction. Oh, well I will take the 4 lbs!! Tonight we are making burgers and some zucchini and yellow squash. It will be nice to put some real butter on those. Low calorie had me using this fake stuff that's just awful. I already had a cold pork chop for breakfast. I like meat you have to work for like ribs or pork chops off the bone. My husband just looks at me and shakes his head.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #23  
starting over again

Hi Sandy,

How many carbs are in those Jillian Michael's shakes? Sugar Alcohols? What flavors do you like? Have you ever stalled with shakes? I like the dark chocolate Atkins and bought a few of them just to have on hand. I haven't tried them recently but I remember they used to be in a can and now it's like cardboard. I'm not sure if they changed the flavors too.

BTW, my husband told me he saw that chicken nugget thing on the computer. He said it's pretty gross. Just the thought of that will make me stay away from those for good!
Old 08-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #24  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Windycity, here's the information from the Jillian Michael's "Natural Whey Protein" Triple Chocolate Shake

Mixed with water (I usually mix mine with leftover black coffee) and 1 scoop

Calories 100
Total Carbohydrate 7g.
Dietary Fiber 4g.
Sugars 3g.
Protein 15g.

It's sweetened with Stevia extract, but fructose is also listed as about the 12th ingredient along with "milk and soy ingredients."

Because of the 3 g. of sugars and "milk" ingredients, I'm sure strict Atkins Induction folks wouldn't use this protein drink mix.

I'm using it because it's available at my Walmart for less than $10, makes 15 shakes, and tastes pretty yummy mixed up in a blender with ice. There's a Jay Robb whey protein powder drink that lots of Atkins dieters on the "Low Carb Friends" board really like, but my local stores don't carry it. I may order some (depending on the price and shipping) once I go back to work and try it. I like the convenience of a chocolate shake I can use for a snack (or a meal replacement if you use 2 scoops) and the experience of cold/chocolate/icy in the hot weather we're having.

I don't know if it will cause "stalls" or not. I do know it won't cause me to gain weight as quickly as I did when I fell off the Atkins wagon and was eating ice cream every day earlier this summer. YIKES!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:40 PM   #25  

Been a rough day. I won't bore you. Comes down to I want a new job. Yep, that's me, broken record.

I looked into the chicken nuggets thing - I'm more concerned about the over processing and deception than what went in (other than my friend says they add bleach - the friend that got the 20 piece by the way). What I saw online was chicken carcasses - the chest hunk at the middle after most meat is gone. Heck, that's what goes in my stock pot.

HMMM, Tuesday tacos. How do you make a taco dump? Anything special to it?
Old 08-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #26  
starting over again

Sandy,

That shake doesn't sound too bad, especially for the price. I still have a big canister of chocolate Isopure. It's 1 net carb. I like it but actually drank it a lot when I was doing low calorie because I used skim milk. I agree, 7 carbs is a lot better than a bowl of ice cream. I was cleaning out one of my cabinets yesterday. It is kind of the "catch all" cabinet. Name it, it's in there. I actually found fancy sprinkles for my ice cream. I have to say I felt a little weak.

I decided to make MIMs (muffin in a minute) today. I never made them before but heard of them years ago. They were okay. I didn't know they were 3.27 carbs each. They sure look like they should be less!

I might make a shake tomorrow and give it a try. I do miss chocolate!
Old 08-08-2011, 10:55 PM   #27  
starting over again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas Kel View Post
HMMM, Tuesday tacos. How do you make a taco dump? Anything special to it?
No, nothing special. I just take a bowl and put shredded lettuce on the bottom, add ground beef/taco seasoning, shredded cheese, onions, tomatoes, black olives, sour cream, and salsa. Mix it up and eat. Las time I had some avocados I put on top. I actually got my husband to eat it and he doesn't usually like taco seasoning. I got some new kind I found in the store near the regular spices/herbs. It's not bad.

When I am out of induction I buy these crunchy taco shells (4 carbs) and break one on top.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:24 PM   #28  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

The taco dump sounds great. I make my own taco spice (the recipe from Lindas low carb) and it is very good. I don't like most of the packet mixes I think they taste starchy.

I logged my food today and was a little higher than I like to be with the carbs. Today is one week on plan for me. I think I might weigh in after two weeks. I was going to wait for one month but may need to tweak my diet before then if I'm not losing.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:03 PM   #29  
starting over again

Hi P,

I don't like the packets of spices either. I'm not sure what's in them because they seem to have too many carbs. The stuff I found it just a bottle of spices that were put together. My grocery store has their own line of spices. It was cheap so I decided to try it. Not bad.

It's been a week for me too. I have been weighing everyday. I think I will start to cut back to every few days. So you haven't weighed once? I would like to wait and be surprised but I don't have the willpower.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 305/290/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyfanny View Post
Windycity, here's the information from the Jillian Michael's "Natural Whey Protein" Triple Chocolate Shake

Mixed with water (I usually mix mine with leftover black coffee) and 1 scoop

Calories 100
Total Carbohydrate 7g.
Dietary Fiber 4g.
Sugars 3g.
Protein 15g.

It's sweetened with Stevia extract, but fructose is also listed as about the 12th ingredient along with "milk and soy ingredients."

Because of the 3 g. of sugars and "milk" ingredients, I'm sure strict Atkins Induction folks wouldn't use this protein drink mix.

I'm using it because it's available at my Walmart for less than $10, makes 15 shakes, and tastes pretty yummy mixed up in a blender with ice. There's a Jay Robb whey protein powder drink that lots of Atkins dieters on the "Low Carb Friends" board really like, but my local stores don't carry it. I may order some (depending on the price and shipping) once I go back to work and try it. I like the convenience of a chocolate shake I can use for a snack (or a meal replacement if you use 2 scoops) and the experience of cold/chocolate/icy in the hot weather we're having.

I don't know if it will cause "stalls" or not. I do know it won't cause me to gain weight as quickly as I did when I fell off the Atkins wagon and was eating ice cream every day earlier this summer. YIKES!
Would love to hear if this stalls you or not! I may try it!
startanew is offline   Reply With Quote