What are you eating today?

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • Hi all,

Is anyone posting what she's eating every day? I'm going to try it for a while as an accountability tool. I've had an awful time getting back on Atkins. I took a serious turn for about six weeks...demon sugar. Once I got back on it, I couldn't seem to get off.

I know I'm off as of Saturday. Gaining six pounds did it for me. I'm sure I'm good to go again...last night I was invited to a "Chocolate and Cheese" fondue party. I took some sliced grilled chicken to go with the veggies to dip in cheese and packed a bar of sugar-free chocolate and a diet soda as insurance against alcohol and sugar. No problem and my friends enjoyed the grilled chicken too.

It won't hurt my feelings if no one responds to my posts; I'm sure nobody really cares except me what I eat every day, but you're welcome to join in if you'd like. I appreciate your patient support.

2 c. coffee (with less cream than I usually use)
    1/2 almond flour biscuit with butter and sugar-free preserves
    3 slices crisp bacon
    1 hard-boiled egg

1 serving Dottie's Just Like Stuffed Baked Potatoes (I cut the cheeses to 6 oz. each, so each serving is roughly 2 oz. of cheese)
    3 oz. Greek pot roast
    1 bottle lemon Propel Zero water (sweetened with Sucralose)

1/2 bottle Zero water
    1/4 sugar-free chocolate bar (Russell Stover)
    (I'm hungry, dissatisfied feeling.)

6:30 p.m. 1 Atkins Chocolate Chip Granola Bar / 1 T. whipped peanut butter
    1/2 bottle Zero water

8:00 p.m. 2 oven barbecued chicken thighs (Kraft's Original Light Barbecue Sauce)
    1 serving "Almost Stuffed Baked Potatoes" cauliflower
    1 bottle Zero water

10:00 Finished sugar-free chocolate bar
    1/2 of barbecued chicken thigh

Wow! There's a lot of artificial sweeteners in my day. And I'm eating a lot in the afternoon and evening, random stuff before and after dinner. And not enough water! YIKES! At least I'm not into the white flour and real sugar - avoiding white flour and real sugar is a big battle. It did not make me happy to add the last two items to my day's eating this morning. Whoa!
  • 2 c. coffee with half/half (less than I usually use)
    1 hard-boiled egg
    2 slices crisp bacon
    1/2 almond flour biscuit with butter and s-f preserves

2p.m.

4 oz. pot roast (yay! end of the pot roast, delicious, but I want something different)
    1 serving Dottie's "Just Like Stuffed Baked Potatoes" (that's a big casserole for just me)
    1 bottle Zero water (finishing the one I started after breakfast)

1 serving Chocolate Orange Mousse

1 handful of barbecue pork rinds w/ 2 T. ranch dressing

(I'm snacky this afternoon.)

1 1/2 barbecued chicken thighs
    1 serving Dottie's "Just Like SB Potatoes"
    Green salad - romaine / sliced English cucumbers w/ ranch dressing

Finsihed a bottle of water
    Finished half a diet coke
    2 T. whipped peanut butter out of the jar (glad the peanut butter's gone - not buying any more!)
  • Wednesday
    2 c. coffee (with less cream than usual)

1:00 p.m. 7 chicken wings - fried, no breading w/ ranch and bleu cheese dressing (Front St. Brewery)
    Large iced tea with sweetener

4:00 p.m. Working on a bottle of Lemon Zero Water

(Feeling very tired today - didn't sleep until 4:30 a.m. & got up at 9:30 to go shopping with a friend at 11. Home again. No nap, though. I don't want to mess up sleeping tonight)...sort of queasy...bleh...mostly from tired I think. Maybe lots of water will help.

6 p.m. 5 chicken wings (left from lunch) dipped in ranch dressing
    Finished bottle of water; working on another one!

Finished 2nd bottle of water

7:45 6 oz. 90-10 hamburger patty, pan-grilled; 1 serving "Dottie's JLSB Potatoes"; green salad, romaine, chopped egg yolk, 2 T. ranch dressing

Working on 3rd bottle of water!

*I've had a good day. Much less random eating, more water, took a 15 min. walk.
  • Hey Sandyfanny, can I share here with you? I think you and I have hung around on here before. I'm coming back to LC - on day 5 with a loss of 3.6 lbs so far this time.

Bkfst: Latte (in blender: atkins vanilla shake, tbs coffee inst, scoop vanilla whey powder, 1 tbs coconut oil (usually use cream but was out), 2 ice cubes and blend the heck out of it). 4NC

Hyper all morning, not hungry until lunch time.

Lunch: Shrimp curry - frozen shrimp, frozen veg, curry powder, splash of liquid aminos for liquid - HOMEMADE TV DINNER , Diet Mt. Dew. 5NC

Afternoon: Snacked on few pork rinds, diet cola. 0NC

Dinner: Sophia Loren Chicken (from Dana Carpender book), frozen mixed veggies - 2NC for chicken, 6 for Veg. Diet Cola.

Dinner was late - and filling. No snackage tonight.
  • Welcome, Arkansas!
    Sure, you can post here too. I appreciate your not making any judgements about how I'm not eating Atkins Induction...I'm trying, but the first couple of days so didn't resemble Induction!

Yesterday was better for me. I think I may be off sugar long enough (5 days) to stop craving it like crazy. The cravings have been AWFUL, but I knew they would be. I didn't get the night munchies last night either, so here's hoping I'm over the hump.

You've done great in just a few days...keep up the good work! I'm going to weigh this morning at my doctor's office. I hope I show a little loss although I'm not at a week yet at cutting carbs. YAY US!
  • No fear Sandy - I don't judge usually. I offer advice, but that's usually when somebody expresses a problem first. Eat your own way. I'm not strict Atkins either. Heck, I'm a soda fiend - diet only though.

OK, today:
    Bkfst: Half wild berry atkins shake - drank half, put in fridge, meant to finish, got distracted until time for lunch. So, um, 1 NC

Lunch: Taco salad at work. About 12 carbs I guessed.

Afternoon: Handful of pork skins. That's it. 0nc.

Presupper snack (was hungry): 1/2 serving Sophia Loren Chicken - 1 NC.

Supper: Going to be a meatloaf and some fauxtatoes probably. Don't have carbs figured yet.

See ya around Sandy - I always love reading what somebody's eating - gives me ideas!
  • A day at the beach...
    Today was unusal. I got up, ran around and left to visit old friends an hour away at the beach. We had a great time, sat out on the deck and talked, talked, talked.

2 c. coffee w/ cream

1 diet green tea

1 huge glass water
    2 huge iced teas (made with sugar I'm sure, but they weren't very sweet)

Taco salad - lettuce, ground beef, olives, mushrooms, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream

8-10 boiled shrimp (cocktail sauce - I know it had sugar in it, so I didn't eat much of it; I dipped my shrimp in butter for the most part)

home again: Working on a bottle of lemon Zero
  • Friday
    2 c. coffee w/ cream
    1 hard-boiled egg
    4 sl. crispy bacon

working on a bottle of Zero water

4: 30 Taco salad - romaine, 1/2 tomato, taco seasoning, 1 oz. cheese, 2 T. sour cream
    Working on bottle #2 Zero water
  • I'm so glad I don't like sweet tea. Never did. One good thing in my food choices I guess.

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, 2 pcs sausage patty, coffee 1.2 NC

Lunch: Naked chicken wrap (lettuce, grilled chicken, sour cream, salsa, blk olives, tomatoes, jalapenos, cheese) (Just the usual wrap they serve at work without the wrap) 12NC

Afternoon: Had job interview instead of a snack. 0 NC

Late afternoon: 4 slices roast beef lunch meat - was starvin' 1 NC

Dinner: Chicken breast with sour cream, salsa, 1c lettuce, 1/4 avocado, 4 LC tortilla chips homemade (well, out of a lone LC tortilla I had - I ate about 1/2 tortilla) 10 NC
  • Funny, I just noticed we're both in a Mexican food mood.
  • 2 c. coffee w/cream

2 soft-boiled eggs

pork rinds with an oz. cheese melted over them
    chicken cordon bleu (frozen, read to heat) w/ 1 oz. cheese melted

Starbuck's - 1 plain iced coffee w/ Splenda and half and half

Rotisserie chicken - 1 leg, 1 thigh, 2 wings dipped in bleu cheese dressing
    Diet Sprite
  • Hey sandyfanny - looks really OP today! Me, not so much. But I'm ok with it.

Bkfst: coffee, 2 pcs sausage

Lunch: small salad with lettuce, tomato, roast beef lunch meat, 1 boiled egg, ranch

Snack: 1 oz cheese

Supper: 8 inch thin crust bbq beef pizza and unknown quantity of toasted baggette slices dipped in artichoke spinach dip. Was MIL's birthday dinner. I enjoyed, I didn't eat until I felt like I'd puke or was miserable. Then, and this is the creme de la creme - she bought US icecream. Good ice cream. I ate it while sitting in sunshine with her and my DH at the cutest little beachy outdoor ice cream stand I ever saw. And I'd do it again. It was a perfect outing day.

Picked up diet coke on way home - only one I had today OK, one victory.

Now, iced tea - I'm parched after all that crap. Back on plan as of NOW. GO!!!
  • I'm with you. I take my little victories where I can find them. Yesterday I had no veggies and didn't drink enough water for sure. But at least I didn't lose my mind when I was out and gobble up random Starbuck's badness.

I'm glad you had a perfect beach day. We don't have enough perfect days!
  • 2 c. coffee with cream

12:00 Sausage, Egg & Cheese Quiche (1/6 of recipe)
    1 Bottle Zero Lemon Water
  • 2 c. coffee w/cream

11:30 sausage, egg, cheese quiche - 1/6 recipe
    Diet ocean spray cranberry drink (2 carbs)

3:00 chicken salad (homemade w/ mayo, chopped onion)
    1/2 toasted lavash
    cheesecake muffin w/ whipped cream
    Diet orange soda (part of one)

7:00 p.m.
    1/2 tomato
    3 sl. crisp bacon
    2 T. mayonnaise
    1/2 lavash
    1 barbecued chicken thigh
    diet orange soda (finished lunch soda)
    Working on a bottle of lemon Zero water

8:30
    cheesecake muffin (Thank goodness, I only made half a recipe of these (6)!) Two of them are 3 oz. of cheese.