3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   I've discovered Ceasar dressing! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/226395-ive-discovered-ceasar-dressing.html)

shelle58704 02-23-2011 12:18 PM

I've discovered Ceasar dressing!

I love ketchup. Bunless burgers aren't really low carb if you smother them with ketchup. I decided to try some Ceasar last night, and it was fantastic! :carrot:

Anyone else have some good tips? I'm still in induction.

Linsy 02-23-2011 12:31 PM

Mmm, I love summery food. If you miss things like potato salad, you could make a couple of bunless burgers with a low carb broccoli salad.

You could make a jalapeno burger...season it, grill it, top with some pepperjack cheese and jalapenos. Maybe some crushed red pepper. Burgers are also good with sauteed mushrooms and onions on top.

Zumbachica 02-23-2011 12:34 PM

blue cheese dressing is also good on a burger.....you could also find some non sugar ketchup which is lower in carbs, they make one that has agave sweetener in it...that also has carbs but not as much.

beerab 02-23-2011 12:43 PM

Avocado is great too- it's got very low net carbs cuz of all the fiber :)

shelle58704 02-23-2011 01:13 PM

Loving the ideas!! Thank you! :)

ElizabethG 02-23-2011 01:22 PM

I love ketchup too!!

I tried some low carb ketchup last night (heinz reduced sugar). It was pretty good. Each tablespoon is a carb though. But I just put that amount on my plate then dipped my cheeseburger bites into it. My idea if that sucked was to make sure I always had a tomato and use a tomato slice each time. The other idea was to use canned tomato sauce, if you look enough you can find some that are only 2 or 3 carbs for a 1/4 cup and I wouldn't use THAT much on a burger. But the low carb ketchup worked for me! My hubby likes to put ranch dressing on his burgers when he doesn't do onions and mushrooms to top them.

roobear 02-25-2011 06:21 PM

Are we allowed Caeser dressing, Chiken caeser salads are like my staple diet. But i thought i wasn't allowed the dressing.

JerseyGyrl 02-25-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roobear (Post 3730468)
Are we allowed Caeser dressing, Chiken caeser salads are like my staple diet. But i thought i wasn't allowed the dressing.

Pretty much any full fat dressing that is 1 or 2 carbs per serving (usually 2 Tbsp) is allowed on Atkins.
Chicken caesar salads are a staple for me, minus the croutons of course;)

SaskNewfie 02-28-2011 03:26 PM

I tried the ceasar dressing on a couple bunless burgers yesterday and loved it! I usually just put mustard and cheese on them...

Shrinkmfs 03-03-2011 07:08 PM

I have been struggling lately staying within the confines of my Atkins plan. I realize IU have to get back to basics. I got some low carb cookie and brownie mixes and while a little bit would be ok, I overdid..so I decided now I cant bring those into my house for a while-until i get better in control. Anyone else ever struggle with this? Support appreciated.

SaskNewfie 03-06-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrinkmfs (Post 3740990)
I got some low carb cookie and brownie mixes and while a little bit would be ok, I overdid..so I decided now I cant bring those into my house for a while-until i get better in control. Anyone else ever struggle with this? Support appreciated.

I find anything like that, artificially sweetened or not, will push me towards a binge.