Old 02-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

I made a couple of oopsie roll pizzas. They're divine! The oopsies got a little bit soggy but I'm not complaining. It reminds me of the sogginess of french bread pizza a little bit.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #77  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Induction, how I loathe thee. Potty issues, headache, generally tired. I can't wait for you to be done, and I'm only on day three. However, I need to clear all the lovely wheat products out of my system and get back on track. I will not miss you.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 308.8/294.8/???

Height: 5'3"

Rocki - have you used the ketone sticks to see if you're in ketosis?
Elvish Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #79  
Started 1/31/11

S/C/G: 268.8/258/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvish Mistress View Post
Rocki - have you used the ketone sticks to see if you're in ketosis?
That's a good idea. Also are you measuring inches? At least measure your waist. Don't let a little water weight get you down....
CAMom2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #80  

I have been itching to make this post all day, and now I will. Today completed my first two weeks of induction. I've lost 10 lbs even, and a total of 4". I couldn't be more pleased. I just tried on a few pair of jeans that I couldn't wear last week. One pair fits perfect, and the other is too tight for public wear, but I can get them zipped now when I couldn't before. I just wanted to share, and I hope this is encouraging to anyone who is just starting out. This is the difference two weeks can make.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:29 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

WTG Elvish!!!!!!Congrats!!!!
That is totally awesome!!! I hope I can say the same when I am done with my induction! Thank you for sharing!!! It's very encouraging!

Rocki- I agree with CAMom, Are you measuring yourself? Maybe you're losing inches instead of seeing the scale move. Plateaus can suck, don't let it take you off track or make you give up.

Linsy - What is an oopsie pizza???

I made hamburger broccoli alfredo tonight from the genaw site. It was pretty good it reminded me of hamburger helper beef stroganoff. lol I didn't have an atkins bar today but i did have a sugar free jello with a bit of whipped cream on top! yum! I am sitting at 18 carbs for the day according to daily plate, but Genaw's totals are lower than what daily plate come up with when i entered the ingredients so it might be less. Regardless I am not over 20 so that's good. And besides indigestion I'm feeling pretty good.

3 days done 11 to go!
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:01 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Oopsie rolls are an Induction friendly bread replacement. I made a batch a few months ago and they didn't turn out because I didn't whip the whites enough. I decided to try again today and they turned out great! Here's the recipe: http://blog.yourlighterside.com/2008...ol-oopsie.html.
They'd be great as hamburger buns. You could even take two along to a fast food restaurant, order your favorite burger and use the oopsie rolls instead of the bun.

I made the pizzas by preparing the oopsies, and then topping them with pizza sauce (I make mine homemade using no-sugar added tomato sauce and seasonings), mozzarella, and pepperoni. I then put them under the broiler until the cheese was melted. Be careful, because the oopsies burn easily. I burnt mine a little bit around the edges doing this. You may be better off just baking them instead of putting them under the broiler. They're kinda hard to pick up with your hands so you'll probably have to eat them with a fork.

Last edited by Linsy; 02-12-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:05 AM   #83  

Linsy! Those sound awesome! I may try them tomorrow. I think I have some cream of tarter....hrmm. Thank you!!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:03 PM   #84  
Ready to get to my goal!

S/C/G: 221/172/130

Height: 5'5

Elizabeth you are doing great. Three days in, you will be down more before you know it! It isn't really bad to have the Atkins bars.... they are low carb and they do curb cravings. I think the issue is when people start eating them all the time. Yesterday I was in a big hurry and had a shake for the first time. They are sooooo good! And yes, almond and soy milk are in the new book! I am going to try it I think...have you had it before? And there are just waaaaaaaay more things listed than in the old book. There is some good induction deserts I really want to try them soon!

So today I weighed myself, I start induction monday... and now I am officially at the over 50 lbs lost. I am down to 165. So that 7 lbs lost since Monday. WAHOOOO!

I found a Paula Deen recipe for scrambled eggs with sour cream in them. I am going to try that and have some bacon here in a few ... we will see. If they are good, I will post them for you all.

Seems everyone is doing well! Congrats!
chubbywifeyIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #85  

chubbywifey- Yeah I try to limit myself to one a day mainly because they are too darn expensive. I love the shakes too. We bought some for my hubby last year and he hated them but I adored them. They are better than Slim fast shakes and I'm weird I liked those too when I did that in the past. I think I will definitely download that book today on my nook and read it!

I GOT TO MOVE MY TICKER!!!!!
For the first time in 3-4 months I was able to move my ticker below 195! I weighed in at precisely 194 today! Yay! I also did my measurements and I had a few that were lower than my last ones I did in November at the 195.2 weight. I slept the morning away so I just had rollups for brunch. I bought some deluxe american cheese because its lower carb and it is so yummy! Better than plain old american cheese. I guess that's why its deluxe. I couldn't help but think what an awesome grilled cheese it would make. lol Oh well maybe later.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 299/Ticker/150

My scale moved today!! I am down a total of 15lbs since February 2 I am drinking green tea to help with water retention. It seems to be working

I looked at the bars a while ago and I believe it said on the back of the package that it had something like 15g of sugar even though the front of the package said 1 or 2g of carbs. I might be wrong though. I read somewhere that the bars are not good for induction even though the newer books says they are. But if they are working for you then great
Dragonfly33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #87  

I tried a batch of oopsie rolls last week, but mine didn't turn out either, and I also suspect my egg whites weren't stiff enough. I am an awful cook, but I watch the food network constantly, trying to improve my skills. And I know I've heard more than once that when baking with cream cheese it should be at room temp in order to mix well, so I'm going to try that too. My last batch tasted a little too "eggy" for me. So I'm going to try them again tonight or tomorrow. I've made myself a couple of pizzas using the flax muffins and they were sturdy enough to handle it. But I've been eating flax as a hot cereal replacement, and I don't want to overdo it on the flax.

Elizabeth - that broccoli alfredo sounds good. I can't believe this, but i've been coveting the box of hamburger helper in my cabinet. I mean, really? of all the foods I could crave, it's the helper. lol And you're past the 3 day hump now! That's great! It got a lot easier for me after that.

chubbywifey - that's such a great achievement! I can't wait for that 50 lb milestone! I'm glad to see soy and almond milk is allowed by the new book. I only have an older book, and soy milk opens up a lot of options for me. yay!
Old 02-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #88  

Dragonfly: the Atkins bars have sugar alcohols and I guess the new book doesn't count sugar alcohols. So they take carbs - fiber - sugar alcohols = net carbs Stuff with artificial sugars has sugar alcohol at least that's what I've found. I see it listed on my sugar free gum too.

Chubbywifey- I forgot to say CONGRATS for those 50 lbs!!! That is so awesome! I am 4 lbs away from my 50 lb mark too! Hopefully by the end of induction I can be there!

Elvish-I've been craving weird things too. Like a grilled cheese or saltines. I know once summer starts ice cream will be the hard thing for me. I adore ice cream and I tasted some of the hubby's low carb stuff last summer and it was disgusting to say the least so I am not looking forward to that, maybe i can find something real and yummy and work it into my carb count, by then I will be on phase 2 or maybe even 3! But yeah that alfredo thing reminded me of hamburger helper stroganoff more than alfredo. I hope its easier from here. It hasn't been too bad except the tummy issues.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #89  

Dragonfly - that is phenomenal! Congrats! I just looked at my box of bars I have stashed in the kitchen. It says that they are not suitable for phase 1. Those are the coconut ones. Don't know about the rest. I will say this though - I went crazy and ate 2 in one day when I first started induction, and they have a laxative effect. They are yummy though.

Elizabeth - I made myself some vanilla ice cream last week that was not perfectly induction friendly, but still low carb. It tasted like homemade ice cream to me, which I prefer over store bought stuff anytime. It was just heavy cream, splenda and vanilla. I used the ziploc bag method to make it. I had 1/2 cup of it (the 2002 book allows only 3 oz of cream and only 3 packets of splenda a day. that's why I say it's not induction friendly, unless you only eat 3 oz. but I have to admit I have probably not stayed below that on any day so far ) If you do find something that's better than that, please let us know!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:38 AM   #90  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations, February Induction, ladies! You've done so well. I've been reading the posts and have gotten lots of great ideas. You can make the best ice cream in America, Induction-friendly if you don't eat too much, if you get yourself a counter-top ice cream maker. Mine's from Williams Sonoma; I use the recipe from Atkins 2002 edition. It's delicious! I had to stop making it because I ate too much of it. Fortunately, I lost my craving for it.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote