Old 01-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

I found a little thing of "NuSalt" in the store today next to the regular salts, it is potassium chloride. I've been reading about how best to supplement with it and I have read of people who put 1/8-1/4 tsp in a tbsp of lemon juice and throw it back, chased with water. That is effectively all a sports drink is, anyway, when you're looking to balance your electrolytes.
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:04 PM   #17  

Height: 5'8

Hi!

Ooh this is interesting, I will have to track it down. If not, i'll add it into my order on Amazon or somewhere, I desperately need some soya flour to enable me to carry on trying out all the Atkins recipes!

Thanks for the tip offs everyone!
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #18  

I have sucessfully lowered my blood glucose readings from 200 to being steady in the 80's and definitely under 100 since I went low carb. I feel so much better and hunger is minimal.

I eat a hot "cereal" of golden flaxseed meal mixed with a dollop of nut butter and boiling water. It tastes really good and feels like I am eating porridge. The high fiber nets the carbs way down. The nut butter helps get protein in the morning which is a good thing for diabetics. I also eat cheese for breakfast and adore having eggs, sausages or even a minced meat patty.
martinimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:02 AM   #19  

Ooh the cereal sounds nice, martinimouse! This morning I had quark mixed with strawberries with a bit of flaxseed sprinkled on top. Until I add nuts, I will make do with flaxseed (on my packet it says 0g carbs per 100g) crackers that I have seen somewhere. You make them with flaxseeds and water I think. I am much happier with my yoghurt a like breakfast, and will be even happier with porridge a-like
Old 01-17-2011, 07:07 AM   #20  

ps: This week I have ramped my carbs up by 10g because I lost too much weight too quickly last week, despite cheating a little at the weekend and eating a handful of nuts. My goal, and really absolute minimum, is 140 and last week I lost 6lbs, taking me down to 145.6. So that means I've got just under 6lbs to find out my ccll and cclm. This week I've added 125g quark (5g) and 60g strawberries (5g). I'm looking forward to trying out some new recipes with my new foods!
Old 01-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #21  

Height: 5'7"

Great strategy, claire. A lot of that first drop of weight was probably water, so I imagine regardless of what you do, the next 5 will come off much more slowly. But slowly is the best way when you are trying to find out how you can eat *for life.*
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote