Old 01-09-2011, 01:32 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 185/ See Ticker /133

Height: 5'1

Great idea!

I also started a valentine's day challenge yesterday but I decided to go with 12lbs!

*** MINI GOAL ***
February 14, 2011 -- Lose 12lbs!
DiamondAries21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:22 AM   #107  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

I just wanted to give a tip (MY tip, NOT an official Atkins tip lol). After I loose 15 lbs or so, I'll focus on just maintaining that loss. During this period I increase my carbs a bit just to play with the numbers to see what level I maintain on and what level I gain on. So basically it's like going into OWL phase and hanging out a bit. Then I'll start Induction again to get the lbs. rolling off again. This will no doubt get feedback about this not being the way Atkins works, but like I said, it does work for ME and it really makes me feel like I can enjoy more things.

Last edited by islandchick1; 01-09-2011 at 10:23 AM.
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:07 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 241/241/140

Height: 5'5''

Great Job everyone!!

I weighed in yesterday at 197! I started at 205. I lost 8 pounds!!! This was my first week of induction and I knew I'd lose a lot of water weight, like the book said, but this is awesome! I'm pretty sure it will start to slow this second week, but I feel great!

Starting Weight: 205
Current Weight: 197
Valentines Day Goal: 191

Have a great week!!
kuffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #109  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

I think you're right on track, Islandchick, for many of us who have more than 20 pounds to lose. I don't recall reading anything in the Atkins literature that says it's best to stay on Induction until you've lost all of the weight you intend to lose.

I've done something similar. For about three weeks in December, I added a low carb whole wheat bread to my eating plans. I used a bread with 17 net carbs per three slices and limited myself to two or three slices per day. I needed a break from making salads and eating chicken salad for lunch.

I didn't gain, and I lost a little...a pound or so - mostly I maintained. After Christmas, I started back into Induction eating. The half a loaf of the bread I had been using sat in my pantry for a week after I got home from my Christmas holiday. Then I just threw it out although it wasn't out of date. I just didn't want it any more.

Now I'm working on limiting my cheese to one or two ounces a day; that's so hard for me. I like cheese on everything, so I'm trying just a sprinkle. And, as always, drinking the nasty water.

Thanks for the tip. You always have such good ones. I can't find the post you did where you listed what you typically eat in a day (when you're not "resting" from Induction). I'm sure it was a response to my asking you what you eat. If you happen to remember what thread that post is in, please tell me. I started looking last night, but probably wasn't using the right threads.

Have a great week.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #110  

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies! So I'm done with my first week of Induction... Though if you want to be strict about it, I am only 5 days in of 20g carbs (I had a major oops on Day 2). So either 5 or 7 days in, I am down 4 lb. That is not as much as some people but I am thrilled with it. I am also in the middle of TOM so that might be hiding some loss. I will take it!

SW: 209
CW: 205
GW: 195

Getting closer!
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #111  
Less Juicey

Default A Question for Linsy...

Hey Linsy, would you give me a link to your recipe for almond flour pancakes or share your recipe? Don't get excited Challenge Chicks...almond flour is NOT on Induction.

Congratulations on your loss, Abluvion! Super week!
Old 01-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #112  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Sandyfanny I just had to find what works for me. Basically, everday I eat 4-5 scrambled eggs for breakfast with 5 pieces of bacon. This is like everyday. I know some people don't like breakfast, I do. Always have. I can go without lunch and even supper if need be, but I have to have breakfast. I usually, but not always take my lunch. If I have to buy my lunch I quiz the deli people about what they put into their tuna salad (REAL mayo or not, apples?, ect.) so if I think it's safe I'll eat that. But usually it's whatever I made the night before for my supper. OR I'll make a salad with lettuce, cheese, cucumber, celery, sliced ham, cauliflower, 1 small roma tomato, and sliced red pepper with some ranch dressing I make myself -ZERO carbs. For supper, it's usually a cabbage and beef stir fry. I think I've posted before the things I put into it. I also make the cauliflower soup pretty often. Last night I made a vegetable spicy beef soup. My work is a lot more demanding now, so I just try to plan a few days ahead. I still eat the HWC and lemon cheese cake thing when I feel like I just have got to have a treat. It's just easier for me to basically eat the same things each week. It just takes the guess work out of it. Oh yeah, I eat quite a bit of the cheese crackers that we all make. I really like to eat a whole slice of cheese sprinkled with cinnamon and splenda. It just reminds me so much of cinnamon toast.

Last edited by islandchick1; 01-09-2011 at 03:41 PM.
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #113  
Less Juicey

Default Thank you, Islandchick...

I really appreciate your posting your typical menu again for me. I'll bookmark it this time, I promise.

The cheese slices sprinkled with cinnamon and Splenda sound just awful, but I tried it over the holidays; it's delicious. I was craving cinnamon toast, and it I loved it. I liked it so much I don't make it (or the cheese thingeys) too often because I can easily go over the daily allowance of cheese in a hurry.

Last edited by sandyfanny; 01-09-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

This is the recipe I use Sandy: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/bre...rbpancakes.htm

They're not very sweet and much drier than regular pancakes, but great if you're in the mood for something other than eggs and bacon.

I weighed today and lost ANOTHER pound--236 now. I'm practically losing a pound a day, it's ridiculous!

Last edited by Linsy; 01-09-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #115  
Less Juicey

Thanks so much, Linsy. I'm going to try them tonight using an almost identical recipe I found at

http://lowcarbdudecom.blogspot.com/2...-pancakes.html

I think the only difference is baking powder. We're expecting a winter storm, and this seems perfect.

Girl, you are shrinking like crazy. Way to go, Linsy. We're in it to win it!
Old 01-09-2011, 07:33 PM   #116  

Thanks Sandy. I wish I could lose a pound every day--I'd be at goal in 4 months. I know that's impossible though (unfortunately!)
Old 01-10-2011, 02:52 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 192/166/145

Height: 5'6

Starting weight as @ Jan 3rd: 167.5
Weight as @ Jan 10: 166
Valentine's Day Target: 153.5
Pounds Lost: 1.5
Pounds to Go: 12.5
MaryOjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:31 AM   #118  

I am also a water hater. For the past few days I have forced myself to drink at least four 16oz bottles of water a day. For my first bottle, I always drink it with flavoring--an individual pack of Crystal Light, or today a tbsp or so of Torani sugar-free raspberry syrup. The last three bottles are always plain water and I NEVER have more than one artificially sweetened drink a day. I always count the Crystal Light as 2 carbs because each "single serve" packet has 2 servings.

I know having artificial sweetener every day is bad but if it gets me to drink all of my water then I don't think it's that harmful. For some reason, jump starting my water intake with a yummy drink makes it easier to drink the rest. I haven't noticed a stall from it but if I do it will be one of the first things I cut out.

I've also been severely limiting cheese which is a big weakness of mine. Lately, instead of loading up my meals with cheese I've been eating a 1/2oz or 1oz slice for a snack. It seems like I get the "flavor" of the cheese better and I'd rather eat it like that than on my meals. I'm trying to take cheese out of my meals unless the recipe really needs it. For example, the other night I made a taco salad with no cheese on top. Wanting to put cheese on everything must be all mental because I didn't miss it at all and the salad was great.

I don't think it's a coincidence that I experienced a 6lb water weight loss immediately after upping my water and limiting cheese. I'm going to keep this going, and I'm more motivated than ever. Have a great week everyone!

Last edited by Linsy; 01-10-2011 at 05:33 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:23 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 187/187/140

Height: 5ft4.5in

I shouldn't have counted on weight loss so soon in this WOE. I've lost before and for some reason gained it right back. I've gained a pound (so far) back. The only thing I can think is that it's the flavored water (generic crystal light stuff) instead of plain water I drink. Thinking that's messing things up and making me gain Back to the drawing board---and PLAIN water! Week 2 coming up!!
BrenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #120  
Less Juicey

Great advice, Linsy. I should take it! I also noticed you changed your avatar to...is that WATER? I've been drinking hot tea with sweetener in it; I'll start today drinking it plain with lemon.