Struggling to find variety

• I am new to the atkins plan but I have read the book and am sure of what needs to be done. I have been sticking to my 20g of carbs in the induction fortnight and even finding the chance to fit in some veggies like brocolli, leeks, etc to get some vitamins but I am struggling to find variety in my diet.

I can be called a fussy eater as I never really ate very well in the past. I used to gorge on pasta, pizza, potatoes (you can see I like eating Italian food) but I used to struggle with trying new foods.

I am struggling to find new recipes to give me some variety in my diet to stop me getting bored too quickly. I have been mainly eating beef, chicken, pork sausages, beef sausages, cut meats, cheese and eggs.

Can anyone recommend some tasty recipes that I can use in the induction week as well as the first few weels of OWL?
  • I don't have specific recipes, but I have a few books I can strongly recommend. When I started eating low-carb, I went to my local library and checked out every low-carb book they had (I even went online and ordered every book in our local library system). Then I wrote down the books I liked enough to own, and put them on my amazon.com wish list (every 5 lbs I lose, I buy myself something off that list).

I own several Atkins books, South Beach (Phase I recipes), The Low Carb Bible by Elizabeth Ward.

Books still on my wish list

1001 Low-Carb Recipes: Hundreds of Delicious Recipes from Dinner to Dessert That Let You Live Your Low-Carb Lifestyle and Never Look Back by Dana Carpender

500 Low-Carb Recipes: 500 Recipes from Snacks to Dessert, That the Whole Family Will Love by Dana Carpender

200 Low-Carb Slow Cooker Recipes: Healthy Dinners That Are Ready When You Are! by Dana Carpender

(actually almost every book written by Dana Carpender)

Saving Dinner the Low-Carb Way: Healthy Menus, Recipes, and the Shopping Lists That Will Keep the Whole Family at the Dinner Table by Leanne Ely

The Everyday Low-Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook: Over 120 Delicious Low-Carb Recipes That Cook Themselves by M.S. Kitty Broihier M.S. R.D. M.S. R.D. and Kimberly Mayone

Low-Carb Slow Cooker Recipes (Better Homes & Gardens (Paperback)) by Kristi Thomas
  • The best Atkins friendly recipes can be found at:
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
    Anything marked with an * is Induction friendly.

• Quote: I can be called a fussy eater as I never really ate very well in the past. I used to gorge on pasta, pizza, potatoes (you can see I like eating Italian food) but I used to struggle with trying new foods.
    There are PLENTY of recipes on here - I have been making pizzas with the "crust" made from eggs and cheese topped with whatever low carb toppings I'm in the mood for. A great substitution for mashed potatoes is mashed cauliflower - I mix it up with a hand held blender, add butter and a little bit of heavy whipping cream and VOILA!!! I never get "bored" with meals because there are sooooo many ideas out there! I even google low carb recipes!
  • Thank you
    Thank you for the lovely messages of support. I appreciate the links and menu ideas. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. kind Regards Lynette