3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   I think i might have messed up >< (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/219821-i-think-i-might-have-messed-up.html)

CheesyK 12-16-2010 02:03 AM

I think i might have messed up ><

First Hi!!!!
im new to the forums!

So I started watching what i was eating an started exercising a bit and from around the first of november untill about a week ago i lost about 14 lbs,:carrot: started at 266 down to about 253ish currently. WEll about a week ago i started atkins, i was doing well i think, eating chicken and green beans or skirt steak and salad/green beans very healthy compared to my fast food and carb overload meals i tend to usually eat lol. I went to the grocery store and i foolishly thought i could eat strawberries and watermelon, I also picked up a log of summer sausage and some cheesecake flavored cheese spread stuff. The other night i had 3 strawberries and some watermelon and within about a day and a half i had polished off the 16oz beef summer sauauge log and the cheesecake spread stuff. im beginning to think i might have ruined what i had done so far. and maybe i should just start all over on the atkins. I haven't gained but i feel so incredibly horrible i had that whole thing of summer sausage and the strawberries etc.... Did i do bad? I feel like i should just be eating protein and greens, and when i dont i feel like the worst person in the world. any one have any positive news from this lol

bleh...

bargoo 12-16-2010 09:33 AM

Don't beat yourself up over it. Many of us have done the same thing. Put it behind you and start over, Good luck.

ja2ma6lee 12-16-2010 09:51 AM

Most of us stray from the plan. All we need to do is pick back up and continue on. I've never done atkins. I personally feel a diet of eating just one type of food is not a viable option. They work in the short run but eventually fail. Our bodies need different nutrients from different foods. We also crave (and thats what I'm hearing in your story) food not diet friendly. Take a look at Jay Robb's diet plan.

Also, you seemed to be doing really well with your weight loss before. Stick to what works. Thats my theory.

fatmad 12-17-2010 07:45 AM

I think if you follow menu plans in the book, or posted here or on line, you will find you have more variety and better balance, and better guidelines. You can mix and match the menus to foods you like. It helps until you get a handle on what is working and amounts of foods. No biggie with what happened.
Curious, what does your scale say?

fatklr 12-17-2010 01:45 PM

Ahhhh this time of the year is sooooo hard for me! I did great for Thanksgiving, but when I saw some delicious cupcakes on the table at work yesterday....I just couldn't help myself!!! I had a carrot cake cupcake, and it was downhill from there. Let's just say the remainder of the day was a "cheat day" for me. But, I didn't let it get me down! I'm back on full speed ahead with my >20 carb plan! I believe that as long as you pick yourself back up and do what you need to be doing, you'll be fine!!! I know I will! ;)