Old 11-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #1  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Wink Aaahhhhhh....comfort Food

Once again, many thanks to Sandyfanny for a delish recipe
I made the cauilflower soup. I have sore throat, it's cold, and I wanted some comfort food like warm, creamy, potato soup. I found this recipe Sandyfanny put on her thread. I tweaked it a bit to make the cook time quicker (I'm impatient & cranky when I feel sick lol). Anyways it's out of this world and it really does taste like potato soup
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 306/255/160

Height: 5'6"

That sounds really good, what thread is that on?
swtbttrfly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #3  
Native Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbttrfly23 View Post
That sounds really good, what thread is that on?
Here in the Atkins Forum..The name of the thread is
Recipes From What's for Dinner
Sandyfanny is the OP
I believe it's on the 1st page
It's called cauilflower soup
I made mine a little different but I think the results are similiar. It's really, really good. Each serving has 4 net carbs and 241 calories. I made mine with a whole head of cauliflower, 6 green onions, 1 clove of garlic,2 Tbsp of olive oil, 4 Tbsp of butter, 1 can of chicken broth, 1 c. of HWC, 1 c. water, 8 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese, salt and pepper to taste. I boiled my cauliflower until it was pretty soft, then added it to the onions and garlic that I sauteed in the olive oil in a large skillet. I added the butter and mashed up the cauliflower really good. I added the HWC , water, and chicken broth stirring frequently on a medium to low heat. Once it was heated up pretty good, I added the shredded cheese. I just stirred it frequently for about another 10 minutes or so and it was done. The whole thing probaly took about 30 max, and that's on the high end.

Last edited by islandchick1; 11-18-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:30 AM   #4  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm glad the cauliflower soup made you feel better, Islandchick. I love soups, and it's getting to be soup weather here too. Maybe I'll go on a soup-recipe experimenting spree after Thanksgiving. It'd be nice to have some to heat up for a quick dinner on chilly, dark afternoons.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #5  
Native Texan

My mom was mentioning a creamed spinach soup. I can't say I have ever had any but it sounds like something I would like. I thought I would try to find an Induction friendly recipe but maybe you'll come up with one first. Keep the good recipes coming!

Last edited by islandchick1; 11-20-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:24 AM   #6  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

You've given me a good idea. I think we can make creamed spinach soup using the cauliflower soup recipe. I might mess around with that this cold, windy afternoon. Maybe wash, dry and sautee the spinach until wilted in butter, onion and garlic, puree it in a blender or food processor, add chicken broth and cream? Add a few red pepper flakes. Top with shaved parmesan cheese? This could be really good and a way to get in our veggies. If it's good, I'll post it. What are you cooking lately?
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:00 PM   #7  
Native Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyfanny View Post
You've given me a good idea. I think we can make creamed spinach soup using the cauliflower soup recipe. I might mess around with that this cold, windy afternoon. Maybe wash, dry and sautee the spinach until wilted in butter, onion and garlic, puree it in a blender or food processor, add chicken broth and cream? Add a few red pepper flakes. Top with shaved parmesan cheese? This could be really good and a way to get in our veggies. If it's good, I'll post it. What are you cooking lately?
Well, I made a really awesome beef stir fry. I make it pretty often. I use beef (I marinade this in equal parts soy sauce and water -usually about 3 to 4 tbsps each- that has 1tbsp ginger, 1 tbsp cinnamon and 2 tbsp splenda). I sautee 1 minced garlic clove,4-6 green onion tops 1 stalk of sliced celery, 1 jalepeno sliced, 1/4 of red bell pepper sliced, & 1/2 c. sliced jicama in about 2tbsp of olive oil or canaola. Then I add in 3 cauliflowerets -sliced real thin -, 1 zuccini sliced in half and then cut into pieces, the meat and all juice and some shredded cabbage. I cook on high constanly stirring for about 10 minutes or so.
It will have a hot and sweet flavor at the same time
It's not the most visually appealing dish I have ever made, but it tastes very asian and exotic, it's very good and it makes for a nice change of pace.

Last edited by islandchick1; 12-06-2010 at 10:01 PM.