Old 11-14-2010, 11:42 PM   #1  
I know I can,I know I can

S/C/G: 293/161/145

Height: 5.4

Default Fell off the Wagon...Boy do I hurt... Help....

Hey guys.... I fell off my carb wagon today and it was a very long naughty fall..... you name the no no food group and I either tasted or are it today like a piggy.... at the time I knew it wasn't right & I vomitted (with no help from me) right after lunch. It felt like my stomach was getting the poop kicked out of it....
Where I work on Sat. & Sun. I'm a private nurse's aid and the person I tend to has a wicked sweet tooth.....

Can I PLEASE... GET SOME IDEAS TO FIGHT THIS WEEKEND WEAKNESS that I have.... I just started Atkins & the weekend kills all the good I do all week...... PLEASE HELP..... NEED SUGGESTIONS ...

Last edited by Oh_Canada; 11-15-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Oh_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:28 AM   #2  
Ms. Fat Smasher

S/C/G: 338/329/175

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal130 View Post
Hey guys.... I fell off my carb wagon today and it was a very long naughty fall..... you name the no no food group and I either tasted or are it today like a piggy.... at the time I knew it wasn't right & I vomitted (with no help from me) right after lunch. It felt like my stomach was getting the poop kicked out of it....
Where I work on Sat. & Sun. I'm a private nurse's aid and the person I tend to has a wicked sweet tooth.....

Can I PLEASE... GET SOME IDEAS TO FIGHT THIS WEEKEND WEAKNESS that I have.... I just started Atkins & the weekend kills all the good I do all week...... PLEASE HELP..... NEED SUGGESTIONS ...

Hi there!

The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you prepare your meals and snacks, and bring them to work on the weekends with you. If you usually get a wicked sweet tooth, bring a very low carb dessert with you! I have been making cream cheesecake muffins and crustless pumpkin pies for the past two weeks...both items are induction-friendly and they DEFINITELY take care of my sweet tooth! There are plenty of recipes on this website for you...I'm sure that would help you out a lot!!!

Last edited by fatklr; 11-15-2010 at 11:29 AM.
fatklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #3  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Hop back on the wagon....there's plenty of room
First of all, this will happen. Secondly, we beat ourselves up miserably because of it.
A wise chick on this site named RockinRobin says it best : "Don't wail on the scale if you cheat when you eat."

I know it sounds simple enough. But, and this is the best part, Atkins is soooo easy to get right back on track

The thing is you have GOT to PLAN ahead. Whether it's for the weekends (work or pleasure) or just everyday. Think about it and PLAN IT OUT.

I make things up ahead of time when I'm off work just so I don't have to freak out about what in the world am I going to eat??????

A couple of things I do when I want something sweet are 1) I have the prepackage sugar free jellos handy 2) I make a cinnamon toast using a slice of cheese, cinnamon, and splenda in the microwave (sounds crazy but it works) 3) I also make cheese chips (similiar to chesse its) sprinkled with the cinnamon and splenda and 4)I can whip up a quick and easy "cheesecake" - without the crust of course- that's delish. Check out the recipes that are listed here. There are a lot of really good ones
The thing is, don't give up just because you're having trouble getting started good. it won't be long before you're cravings will be well under control
Hop back on board with the rest of us chicks I have fallen off myself, but got right back on. In fact, this week I am celebating 50 lbs. lost since July 26,2010.

All the best,
Judy

Last edited by islandchick1; 11-15-2010 at 07:42 PM.
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:36 PM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I am totally understanding you, in the last couple of years of her life, my mother's house was full of cookies, candy, cakes and pies, and very little real or fresh food. I had to shop on the way to visit and bring food I could cook for myself. (she was fine with eating my food). I did have the occasional lapse, but for the most part, filling up on appropriate food made it possible to visit.
We all have to occasional time when we succumb to temptation, don't beat yourself up, you have recognized the problem, now you can work on the solution.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote