Old 10-18-2010, 07:08 PM   #1  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default finally some real ketones

My urine finally is really ketonic. I am down around 15 g carbs/day to get there, but I am having the reduced appetite that goes with it. lets hope this results in some weight loss.
I am not feeling great today, don't know if its "atkins flu" (my blood sugars are fine) or just feeling crummy after a rough weekend argument with my daughter. either way, taking it easy tonight.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #2  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Chill out and relax and enjoy the ketones!

It could be a little of both, stress and starting a new diet can make you feel a little poopy. I hope you feel better
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:20 AM   #3  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Thing is, its not new. I only spill slight ketones on rare occasions when at 20 g carbs/day, and weight loss has been depressingly slow. I work on keeping in mind the stable blood sugars etc but the lack of scale movement makes me feel I will never get to the point where I can move to owl or up the carb ladder even a bit.
I am also trying to accept the fact that though there was the possibility of reversing the prediabetes, it looks like that won't happen. I know I am not to blame, as I really took it in hand and got sugars under control, but adapting to this is still taking a bit of effort. Being in denial won't get me anywhere, even though I want to ignore it all.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Well you've lost 18 lbs are are approaching a healthy BMI! Don't knock yourself!

If you have pre-diabetes (type 2) there is definitely still a chance that your blood sugars can regulate as you loose more weight. Fat/estrogen do crazy things to insulin production etc. Keep the hope!

Do you want any help with your meal plan? I am happy to look it over and see if I see any reason for stalls.

Hang in there! Just remember that you didn't gain it in a day and you wont lose it in a day. But just as sure as you can put weight on over the years, you can take it off! They recommend 1-2 lbs loss per week for healthy maintainable weight loss.

Keep it up!!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote