3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Back in the fold.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/205373-back-fold.html)

dietcokehead98 06-23-2010 03:25 PM

Back in the fold....

and I hope you'll let me in.
I just went to a family wedding. I was shocked, embarrassed and disgusted (to speak frankly) of how I looked in some of the pictures. Y'all-I had NO IDEA I was this huge. I mean, I'd been calorie counting and exercising and feeling fit, but wow. I'm HUGE.
I did Atkins in 2002. This past weekend, I dug up the folder I made full of recipes, carb counts, etc....
I lost 40lbs in 2002 on Atkins. I guess I looked good-I got pregnant! :) After the baby, I did it again and lost 30lbs of pregnancy weight. Since then, I've been going up and up and up...
I'm the heaviest I've ever been, and I'm ashamed. I hope you all will bear with me on my new journey.
Day 1 on induction begins today....so far, so good.

Thanks for listening.
Amy

Leenie 06-25-2010 03:45 PM

Yay Amy !! glad your on plan. How is it going?

hairchick40v 06-25-2010 06:29 PM

Your not alone, in the goin on and goin off Atkins.. I am guilty of doin that as well!! I have been doin It for 6 weeks almost, and we are felling great, losing slowly, but feeling great!!!

Welcome back!!

spaghetticat 06-25-2010 11:06 PM

You can do it!! I am just starting- however I am starting in Owl as I have been lowcarbing for a while! Hang in there!!! :)

gerly1 06-26-2010 10:07 AM

Welcome back! It was pictures of me that made me realize how big I had become as well. I have tried many diets in the past but Atkins is the only thing I can stick with!

plusize2vixen 06-30-2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dietcokehead98 (Post 3355012)
and I hope you'll let me in.
I just went to a family wedding. I was shocked, embarrassed and disgusted (to speak frankly) of how I looked in some of the pictures. Y'all-I had NO IDEA I was this huge. I mean, I'd been calorie counting and exercising and feeling fit, but wow. I'm HUGE.
I did Atkins in 2002. This past weekend, I dug up the folder I made full of recipes, carb counts, etc....
I lost 40lbs in 2002 on Atkins. I guess I looked good-I got pregnant! :) After the baby, I did it again and lost 30lbs of pregnancy weight. Since then, I've been going up and up and up...
I'm the heaviest I've ever been, and I'm ashamed. I hope you all will bear with me on my new journey.
Day 1 on induction begins today....so far, so good.

Thanks for listening.
Amy

This is a few days later, how r u doing on ur induction? I started yesterday, doing good so far! I find when I get low carb headaches if I take an excedrin migrain at 1st sign then it goes away. Must b the little bit of caffine in it, but no calories! Good luck.

sckakame 06-30-2010 01:57 PM

HI Amy! You can do this! You have already proven to yourself you can. The hardest part is getting going and staying consistent.