3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Birthday ahead - should I eat cake? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/204107-birthday-ahead-should-i-eat-cake.html)

Sockerton 06-08-2010 10:48 PM

Birthday ahead - should I eat cake?

I have been working so hard on losing weight and trying to stay OP. I have been on it a month or so, but I only started really exercising hard over the past 2 weeks. And the pounds are coming off. My official weight is 246.4, but after I have seen as low as 244.4 on the scale. I don't make it my new low weight until I have seen it on the scale 3 times (daily weigher). That's coming up on a 5-6 pound loss this week.

My 30th birthday is coming up fast. So my question is, should I go off plan for my birthday dinner (seafood buffet) and indulge in cake? I will be in Atlantic City and I can just see that day in my head. I know if I eat a significant amount of carbs, I will gain back all that water weight I lost on induction. The last thing I want to do is look like a beached whale sitting by the pool. Is it worth it to go off plan for a day or when I get my lobster, should I ask them to just stick a candle in that?

gerly1 06-09-2010 10:20 AM

I personally probably wouldn't. I love cake and know that I would want a whole lot more then a little sliver. Enjoy your seafood, and see how you feel after the buffet. Good luck! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!:hug:

imstuffed 06-09-2010 05:46 PM

I've slipped up and eaten off plan recently and let me tell you it was a big mistake! I don't get cravings for sweet/startchy foods anymore, but when I had a small bit of cake I just couldn't stop and I ate and ate and ate until it was bedtime. I don't know what I was thinking at all!!! I had lost control. If I was you that's the sort of thing I would be concerned about. Why don't you ask them to bring strawberries and cream or something low carb instead of a cake..

Whatever you decide best of luck and happy birthday :)

fatBgone07 06-09-2010 09:49 PM

Last weekend I attended a family BBQ and cherry pie was the desert. I LOVE cherrie pie. However - I took a ziplock of fresh strawberries and loaded up on whip cream - it was great. I did not miss the pie one bit! And better yet - I felt really good about myself afterwards!! If you eat cake, will it make you feel bad? You don't want to be upset on your b-day!!! A few bites takes a couple of minutes, but feeling mad at yourself lasts much longer....just my two cents worth.

Happy Birthday!

Shells 06-10-2010 01:02 AM

I had my birthday a few weeks ago and faced the same dilemna ....... I was worried about the cake but I was also worried that if I really felt like I was depriving myself that I may toss the whole diet thing..... I had 2 bites of cake, a really great chocolate pudding lava cake that was out of this world. I was not going to waste my 2 bites on just any cake. If it had been a generic cake I wouldn't have felt like having any. I was satisfied after two bites because I really savored them, really let myself be satisfied with those two wonderful bites.

Now, that may not work for you ....... but it worked for me.