Old 01-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #1  
On my way!

S/C/G: 257.8/250.4/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Time for an Intro :)

My name is Kate. Im a mostly single (going thru a divorce) mom of 3 great kids. I live in Maine and I LOVE it here! I was sucessful last year losing about 30# thru half @ssed low carbing and calorie counting. Of course I gained it all back in the last 3 months of the year. I tried Atkins once for about 2 weeks in 2001. I was young and I didnt adhere to the plan very well but I liked that I was never hungry and the weight seemed to fall off.
My grandfather died this past November. He had eaten terribly his whole life and while not overweight he was very unhealthy. He had kidney issues in the end and was on dialysis. Sitting at his bedside the last week of his life I promised myself I would get ahold of this sugar and junk food addiction once and for all. I want to live out my life for as long as I can and I dont want something as stupid as sugar and being fat to prevent that from happening.
I have the worst sweet tooth of anyone i know. I can wake up and eat hershey kisses for breakfast. I can eat chocolate allll day! Tons of it. I can feel my addiction growing and i dont like it. It has only gotten worse over the years and I know it will lead me eventually to disaster. So here we go. Jan 1st 2010 seemed like a great day to begin. A new year , a new decade, a brand new start. I have prepared myself this time. I have read the book. I read here religiously. ( KIM you are amazing). I am journaling. I am armed with recipes and support from friends and family. I am very determined to beat my sugar cravings. To live free of that master. And yes I am anxious to lose some weight too So far so good. I havent had a problem staying on track and I havent had weak moment yet. Thank you all for the great advice I have found here so far. Im really looking forward to becoming an active member of this forum!

Kate
katieloumagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Kate, and welcome. I am glad you are joining us. Many of us have struggled with food addiction here. I think that 3FC will be a great resource for you in overcoming that.

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote