Old 11-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/168/130

Default How long to know if I screw up? (Low carb)

Hi everyone!

Ahhh I just wanna know how long it takes for ketosis to stop after you eat carbs..
Iīll explain, today I had to run some errands in the morning, I left around 9:30 am and it should have taken about 2 hours, but of course it took about 9 hours to do everything I had to do(to get one certificate you need like eight other minic ertificates and stamps and signatures grrrrrr).. ok so I had to have lunch outside (which I normally donīt do, and if I now I wonīt be home i take my own lunch).
Anyway around 2:15 pm my boyfriend met with me for lunch, at that point I was totally stressed out and very HUNGRY, so we ate lunch. Of all the Atkins non friendly places I thought a chinese restaurant wuld be the best, I would only eat the chicken in the chapsui and the meat in the mongolian meat (sorry, i donīt know how you say that in english), and so I did, only chicken and meat, but talking to my boyfriend he said they probably used all these carby things to cook the chapsui and the meat (there were vegetables I didnīt touch but probably other things too). I guess it has LOTS of hidden carbs (but Iīm not sure), but it was the best choice anyway.
So when I got home around 6 pm I used the ketostix to see if I was still in ketosis... and it turned dark purple (yey!!!!). But Iīm worried the ketosis has stopped and those were "leftovers" or it will stop soon, Iīve done a very clean induction (1 week) and would hate if I srewed up.

So, do you know how long it takes for ketosis to stop after eating too many carbs?
Sapitaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #2  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Not sure since you don't know what was in it, but I wouldn't worry about it. Most likely it won't slow you down much, if at all.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/168/130

Iīm still in ketosis, so I guess it didnīt have that much hidden carbs!!!
Hopefully it wonīt slow me down too much!!!

Tks for your reply Puncezilla!
Sapitaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

It sounds like it didn't effect you much at all, but the most important thing in it all is that you made the best choice you could at the time!

A few extra carbs snuck into something once, even on induction, is not the end of the world. The worst case is that you'd come out of ketosis for a day or two - no big deal, just the weight loss will take a tad longer.

It's a lifestyle, right? In life, sometimes you'll be faced with tougher choices than the one you managed so well. Sometimes you'll choose well, sometimes you'll be fooled by hidden carbs, sometimes you might not choose well. As long as you keep it in perspective & don't freak out looking for perfection, you'll do fine.

You're off to a great start, by the way!
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote