Old 05-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/196/125

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead09 View Post
Well...I did not lose any weight last week - I weighed exactly the same as the previous week. I expected a lb or two, not to stay the same!

Oh, well. I am still plugging and still giving it my all. My friend lost almost another lb, I was really happy for her!
Hi my fellow redhead!

Don't give up! Look for hidden carbs they trip me up sometimes! And remember to celebrate non scale victories like looser fitting clothing! I have found that sometimes I will have no weight loss and then all of the sudden I will drop 5lbs outta nowhere! Remember to drink ALOT of water too!

Good Luck!
redheadedpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:06 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

I agree with redheadedpixie!

Weight loss is really slow for me ... but I just figured out I've lost 1.5 lbs per week since March 10 when I started posting on 3FC (started Atkins 4/22/09, was calorie counting before that). Not too bad for an older hypothyroid post-menopausal female. But weight definitely goes in "whooshes" of 2-4 lbs. I'll go along for days with nothing, then I'll drop 4 lbs. You'll do fine if you stick to it.

Good luck to you. C.J.
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:50 PM   #18  
Magic Girdle Not Included

S/C/G: 180/ticker/127

Height: 5'5"

I'm also full of Atkins love. I'm losing weight (slooooowly) but more importantly, I FEEL so much better, and my relationship with food has improved immeasurably. I really enjoy my food instead of just craving it.

Before Atkins, I could eat a pound of pasta and be hungry again in half an hour. I'd eat when I was bored, when I was tired, whenever my blood sugar crashed. Now, I eat three reasonably-sized meals a day and am perfectly satisfied. I'm not ashamed of eating or sick about it in the way I used to be. I truly love cooking healthy delicious food and enjoying it with the people I love. I have a NORMAL relationship with food, and that's something to be thankful for!
Hippolyta is offline   Reply With Quote