Old 03-31-2009, 11:17 AM   #1  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Default stuck

Let me start by saying I love this diet. I lost 100 pounds in 10 months and it changed my life. Then I got involved in a relationship with an alcoholic (long story that's over thankfully) and gained back 80. So Im back at it but nothing is happening! I know what to do and how to do it. But after 2 weeks on induction, there is no weight change. The first time around I lost 12 pounds in the first 2 weeks. I stay under 20 carbs a day and walk 6 miles a day. Could the walking be causing the problem? I definately feel better, happier, more energy, but no weight loss. Could new muscle mass be masking weight loss? Just looking for ideas here. Thanks

Shell
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 284/207/165

Height: 5 ft 3

Hi Shell, Welcome to 3FC. My first thought was, Are you SURE you're not losing weight? Like you wouldn't know. You're doing all the right things, that's for sure!

I'm not sure about the exercise/muscle stuff, my personal experience has been that exercise doesn't affect my weight at all, I just do it to hopefully one day see results

I do know that it is tougher to lose on Atkins the times you go off/on. Not sure how steady you've been in the past, but I have a girlfriend who is on for a week, then off for a couple, and when she does buckle down and get serious, it's really tough for her to lose.

What's a typical menu for you? Are you using the Atkins shakes/meal replacement bars? A lot of folks (myself included) have found that the supposed 2 carbs (or "advertised" carbs. Grrrrr) are enough to kick you out of ketosis. I've had better luck going back to the pre-net carb diet.
pengbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:01 PM   #3  
Serious Ju Ju!

I have been eating 1 to 2 bars a day. HATE the shakes!!! I have heard that about the bars before. I will stop eating them for a week or 2 and see what happens. Im just gonna keep moving forward. I'm going to stop driving myself nuts over the scale. Just gonna weight once a week from now on. Better to be disapointed once a week then daily I guess.
I'll post my meals tomorrow. Hopefully someone can pick out some sore spots. BEDTIME!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #4  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

You're sabotaging yourself eating the Atkins bars. Ignore the sugar alcohol fairy tale, read the side of the packaging. They clearly have tons of carb. Only eat stuff that's on the approved induction list from the book. I strongly recommend you induct again and stick to the book. You can do it the second time ~ I'm on my third (duh, stupid me) time with Atkins and it still works, just a lot slower. You'll do great! No Atkins products though, stay far far away!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #5  
Serious Ju Ju!

Could vitamin supplements be causing a problem too? I just noticed they have cranberry extact. Doesn't give carb values on the label. I have been taking 3 a day.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashell View Post
Could vitamin supplements be causing a problem too? I just noticed they have cranberry extact. Doesn't give carb values on the label. I have been taking 3 a day.
Personally, I wouldn't see where vitamin supplements should present a problem. I've taken all sorts of vitamin & herb supplements for many years and never had any issues with them interfering with weight loss. That being said, everyone is different so, if you feel the supplements are possibly causing a problem, avoid taking them for a few weeks to see if there are any changes.
In the meantime, would you mind posting a daily menu of what you're eating.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:04 PM   #7  
Serious Ju Ju!

Here's what I ate today. It's a pretty typical menu. Im boring and eat the same things all the time.

Breakfast - 3 eggs scrambled 3 carbs
1 slice of american cheese 1 carb
3 strips of bacon 0 carb
water and vitamin 0 carb

Lunch - homemade chicken salad 0 carb
Lettuce 4 carb
water and vitamin 0 carb

Snack Babybel cheese 1 carb
pepperoni slices 0 carb
water

Dinner steak with blue cheese butter 2 carbs
broccoli 6 carbs
sugar free jello cup 0 carbs
water and vitamin

I am now walking 2 hours a day, something I havent done in years. Could new muscle be masking weight loss???

Thanks for helping girls!

Last edited by seashell; 04-01-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:14 AM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

IMHO, you're not eating enough salad & veggies. If you're doing Atkins 2002, 12-15 of your 20 carbs for the day should be coming from salad & veggies on the acceptable foods list.
Just a thought, cheese has been known to stall some people and since pepperoni contains a lot of sodium, it can cause you to retain water. If the sugar-free jello contains aspartame, that is also a problem for some people.
All the best to you!!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 04-02-2009 at 11:14 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote