What do you keep at your desk to eat?

• I am so tired of all the candy dishes in the office...what do you keep in your desk to devert you from the sugar-y junk?

I have some dry roasted peanuts-but I've eaten so many my teeth hurt!

Highest weight 208#
    Today I weigh 162#
  • banana (am snack almost everyday at work)
    baby carrots (pm snack most days)

in the drawer:
    Fiber One bars-yum.
    instant oatmeal (easy to make in a mug, just add hot water)
    gum (good alternative to snacking)
  • Kashi bars
    Almonds
    Raisins
  • You mean Atkins friendly snacks right?
    Beef Jerky
    Nuts
    Pepperoni chips
    Cheese chips
    String Cheese
    Hard Boiled Eggs
    Tuna Salad
    Egg Salad
    Chicken Salad
    Cucumber slices dipped in ranch
    Meat roll ups

If you've got a fridge at work, the possibilities are endless
  • Hi Idealperson!!! do you remember me? from the Old Fashioned Way thread, a few years ago. So nice to 'see' you!

I'm doing South Beach, and I work (winters) at a deli, so I'm able to have any of the following as a snack - deli turkey, r. beef, hard boiled eggs, tuna salad, egg salad...very convenient. If I have a serving with a bottle of flavored water, it's very satisfying. Oh, and there are packages of roasted nuts also. But it's easy to open one of those bags and have too many!
  • cheese sticks in the fridge, pistachio nuts and chai tea and Celestial Seasonings Apple Cinnamon tea in the drawer. Splenda for coffee.
  • I like nuts, pecans, almonds and walnuts.
  • Thanks! Vermontmom...long time, eh? Glad to see you're still here on the boards and it looks like you are doing well ....according to your ticker! Have a great holiday!
  • Quote: banana (am snack almost everyday at work)
    baby carrots (pm snack most days)

in the drawer:
    Fiber One bars-yum.
    While they are tasty... they are also 20 net carbs! Definitely not induction safe!
  • Turkey Pepperoni!!! big flavor very satiating (and I'm out!)
    Turkey Jerky
    cheese sticks
    laughing cow
  • Pork rinds (bbq flavor or regular)

Turkey pepperoni - nuked, so they are like chips.

Cheese Crackers - yes, Atkins friendly... you take 1/4 cup of grated cheese and sprinkle it in a hot (spray lightly w/pam) non stick skillet... let it brown and flip to brown other side. Let cool and break into small pieces... enjoy

BTW, the cheese crackers are wonderful on a salad as crutons

• nothing! I drink water. If I know Im having a hungry day, I'll toss a boiled egg in my lunch and have that later in the afternoon. But its rare.
  • I've learned to keep NOTHING in my desk - within reach. I've found that if I keep my Atkins snacks in a cabinet across the room, I don't snack as much. I'm incredibly lazy! And thanks for the list of Atkins friendly snacks, Jerzy Girl.

I've also found that "transitional times" are dangerous times for me - on the way to school, between classes, right after school, as soon as I get home...I seem to want to ease the transition with food - and it can be ANY food, so I have to be aware that I'm "in transition." At home, it's after finishing a household task, before my favorite tv shows begin...anybody else have transition anxiety?
  • ummm, i usually drink a coffee to kill snack cravings i know that's not the best thing to d, but it works. just be careful what you put in it.