Old 11-06-2008, 10:46 AM   #1  
On my way!

S/C/G: 211/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default atkins again

I've posted my intro somewhere (still finding my way around here, LOL!) but I did Atkins about 12 years ago, lost the baby weight plus some and maintained it through another pregnancy and baby and for years after. But things kind of fell apart for me almost two years ago and my weight has skyrockeded to over 200 lb. I was never this heavy even 9 months pregnant and before I knew about low carbing. So I've started back, I was very hapharzardly for the first few weeks, enjoying my eggs and bacon, but still snacking the chocolate donuts and H'ween candy. So, I'be been totally Atkins for about 36 hours now. Last night in the middle of the night I did have to take some cough medecine, and I know it's not sugar free, and I had to eat with it so I had some mixed nuts and a banana. I know, not induction friendly necessarily, but when you're sick and it's 3am, I figured it was as best as I was going to do. I've ordered some Ketostix, I have some but they are years old so I don't think they will be accurate. My goal is that by the time they get here I'll be able to show purple on them. I'm hoping I get over whatever crud this is I'm fighting so I can kick my exercise back up. I was doing it twice a day, usually 30 minutes on the elliptical in the am and then walking the dogs a couple of miles in the pm.
mytmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:02 AM   #2  
Livin' La Vida Low Carb

S/C/G: 148/146.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Well, welcome to the boards, and more importantly, welcome back to low-carb life!

I've been a bit off the wagon this week (haven't we all??) with Halloween Friday and an unexpected election night candy binge Tuesday (we were PELTING each other with Laffy Taffy and Blow Pops... I couldn't resist!)

But I'm back on and going strong since yesterday...

We can both do this! We have the power!

And again, welcome welcome.

Last edited by MadelinRose; 11-06-2008 at 11:02 AM.
MadelinRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #3  

Welcome back and thanks for starting a new thread on Atkins. It seems we are a very rare breed here. I have been doing Atkins since August and have lost 45#, I was sick due to a tooth infection for a couple of week in there. I am close to goal, I feel great, I love the food, and I need to buy smaller clothes...what a feeling!

Highest weight 208
Today's weight #163
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote