Old 07-14-2008, 06:21 AM   #1  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Atkins Angels Chat 7/14-7/20

Good Morning Angels!!

A new week! Whats on your agenda?

Everyone have a great OP week!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:52 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

This is my 2nd attempt to say hello *HELLO* lol

Got my deviled eggs, chicken salad and meatloaf made for the week so when I get home at night I'm not looking to stuff crackers in my pie hole LOL

Hope you all have a wonderful week.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:01 PM   #3  

Good Morning!
I'm new here, this is my first post. I just started Induction today and so far so good. I have a terrible headache, I'm thinking it's a little soon for a caffeine related one.. so maybe it's just allergies. I have had a hard boiled egg and some cheese this morning and about 32 oz of water so far. I started writing this post over an hour, been swamped here at work and now it's time for lunch! I'm going home to cut up all the veggies I bought yesterday. I'll check back after lunch.

oh yea.. ha, my name is Trish and I live in Missouri.
kcscrapbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:08 PM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Trish!!

You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement! Sounds like you are off to a great start! Feel free to ask lots of questions & post often

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:15 AM   #5  

Well I made it through day one, just barely!! Last night was the hardest for me. This morning I weighed and I had gained a pound, imagine that! I did start my period yesterday too, so yea I'm real smart! I seriously would have done just about anything last night for a piece of chocolate. In fact I tried to tempt my hubby that if I could have something and he wouldn't tell on me about it I would make sure it was worth his trouble. HA, he laughed at me, then shook his head as if "you poor poor woman". Yea, needless to say he didn't go for it. So, here I am day 2 of induction. I hope to do well today. I have some cheese and a hard boiled egg again this morning. Nothing at all sounds good.

Is it normal to be irritable? Cause I could just about smack my office assistant today. She' hasn't even done anything wrong, just her talking is driving me crazy. oh my, we are only 13 minutes into the work day. help!

Trish from Missouri
kcscrapbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:07 PM   #6  
It's my time to shine...

S/C/G: 234/225/145

Height: 5'5"

Starting to get a little down, guys. Definitely need a pick-me-up! It seems that the scale hasn't moved in about a week. Granted, I was sick and didn't eat for a few days, but I've been back to normal for a few days now. I am on antibiotics if that would make a difference. I don't know though. All I do know is that I'm still doing things that I'm supposed to do and I've even decided to stay on induction for a while longer. What could possibly be going wrong??
RissaIsAFatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:26 PM   #7  
Larry's Angel

As much as you probably aren't going to want to hear this, your body needs time to adjust. Didn't you just report last week that you had lost 24 lbs, on Induction? It is not uncommon for the weight loss to slow down or even stop temporarily. While I know it can be extremely frustrating not to see movement on the scale...you can still be losing inches and Dr. Atkins said a "stall" isn't official until its been 4 weeks with neither the scale moving or no loss of inches. And yes, the medications could have some effect as well. Not what you are wanting to hear I'm sure but..you've just got to be patient

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 07-15-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:34 PM   #8  
It's my time to shine...

S/C/G: 234/225/145

Height: 5'5"

Thanks. I hadn't even thought to measure myself this week, we've been so busy! I guess I should do that. It is irritating though, knowing how much I lost on induction and then all of a sudden stopping. I read about stalling in one of the Atkins books and I know it's not real bad until it's been 4 weeks. I also read that aspartame can cause that, so I completely cut it out of my diet, as well as sucralose. I don't need anything slowing me down right now. Thanks for the info though and the support, as always!!!
RissaIsAFatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:43 AM   #9  

If it helps I'm in the same boat. I lost 25 lbs and then at 26 I've plateaued and I am so frustrated. One day I'm down a pound the next day I'm back up that pound and stay there for 3 days and then down the pound only to go back up again. I'm keeping the exercise and diet going as usual and I think the one change I might make is to stop weighing myself every morning. Maybe I'll wait a week or two (if I can handle that!) and then check so the frustration stops....but I suspect the suspence might be worse than looking at the scale!

In a week or two you and I will both be in here shouting from the roof tops that we're losing fast and furious again. (that's my pipe dream and I'm going to keep smoking it!)
Timlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Height: 5'3"

Hello all!

Thought I'd post here since I'm doing Atkins

I've messed up twice in the last few days so I think I'm going to start induction from the beginning again. On Saturday I had pizza after being told by my friend to "for gods sake order something normal" because apparently chicken and salad doesn't qualify. I don't know why I ordered it, I didn't want pizza and I don't usually do as I'm told! I guess I was driven a little crazy by hearing someone tell me for the millionth time to eat properly! Anyway, it seemed about as appetising as eating my mattress.... all that starch I also got this instant stonking headache so I only managed a few slices. And yesterday I had a few lagers. BAD move.

So for the rest of this week I'm going to be really strict with myself. And also am going to use my carb allowance on the veggies it's meant for

Hope you all have a great week!
mimzy is offline   Reply With Quote