3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   atkins diet success stories? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/145667-atkins-diet-success-stories.html)

minoja75 03-16-2012 08:55 PM

Buckaustink-congrats on your 11 lb loss! Luckily I haven't had the urge to cheat yet but I started only a week and a half ago so I am preparing to stand up to myself when I do start feeling weak.

Good luck to you!

smalltownok 07-20-2012 10:33 PM

I lost almost 60 lbs 11 years ago (doing Atkis) and have kept it off for the most part. I've only gone up 8 lbs.. but I know it's time to start watching things again. It took me 8 months and I was very "religious" about watching my diet. I felt good and ate like a queen! I would recommend Atkins to anyone wanting a diet that works pretty quickly with the bonus of having foods that you would never consider diet foods.

mrhianne37 08-09-2012 01:15 PM

i think atkins is GREAT i started july 24th this year and since then i have dropped 11 lbs.. i cheated last sunday so decided not to weigh in until this comming sunday :( but i got back on the right track, also a warning! the day after you cheat is dreadful i felt aweful sick and on the toilet alll day ugh not worth it!! i currently dont exercise but will start soon. at first it is a bit hard to stick to but every time i had a craving to eat fatty food i would just eat some meat. The cravings went away in a couple of days and it wasnt that hard. being around delicious home made food at a family function is what got me :(

somethingnew 12-30-2012 01:40 PM

testing

Enjah 01-10-2013 01:21 PM

I have used Atkins as a guide for my WOE. Right now I am very happy with my weight loss using low carbohydrate. I have read all the Atkins books.

I am 66, and I am finding counting calories useful as long as I make sure that I have the proportions of macronutrients right for me:
5-10% carbs
25% protein
65-75% fat

Enjah 01-10-2013 01:26 PM

Replying to Myself ... Is that a Bad Sign?

I just wanted to add that at this age (66) it took me a year to lose 43.4 pounds.

Dr. Atkins did tell us that as we age our metabolism slows and we can't expect weight to roll off like magic in later years. I walk a lot, do yoga a few times a week, and watch my portions. I use a diet journal (myfitnesspal) recommended by a friend who is on IP.

kayin 01-27-2013 04:43 AM

I have lost 50 lbs on Atkins 3 times! It took me about 4 to 5 months each time. I excercised about 1 to 2 hours daily and I am guilty of counting calories, although I'm not doing that this time around because before I would end up going too low on calories (obsessing etc.) I only gain the weight back not because of the diet but because I am an emotional eater and start binging on comfort foods if my psych meds aren't optimal. But, now they are great so I'm starting up again at my highest weight ever. I'm hoping to lose over 100 lbs.

amgirl1 01-27-2013 06:02 PM

I have never done the Atkins diet but have joined the online community yesterday. I am 23 and trying to lose 48 lbs about. I did herbal magic years ago but it was impossible to live by. This is much easier. I have tried to lose weight on my own just have a hard time. I really enjoyed reading the success stories and they have helped to motivate me!!! Good Luck!

Bigbunz 03-11-2013 06:47 PM

thanks Kim

I need some inspiring success stories, I have been off and on I lost 26 pounds on the Atkins before on October 2012 to Janice 2013 I gained it all back with Holidays. I have to lose 100 pounds. I just cannot seem to get back on without cheating. So all stories are encouragement. Thanks.:D:D

wannaskipandlaugh 03-11-2013 08:13 PM

:welcome2: Bigbunz :) Oh gosh.. you losing that 26 lbs was a success. I know that they did not stay off.... but you know how to do it. Atkins is a way of eating. Just gotta stick to the low carbs and I know that Sunny has brought up an old thread that had recipes on it (below); so if you get bored with what you are eating.. there might be some ideas in that thread.

I started 1/6/13 (my 6 or 7th and LAST time starting) and have lost 23 lbs and feel SOOOOOO much better. The first time (28 years ago) I did lose 50+ lbs and was feeling terrific, then got sidetracked by my stressful job. I took a backseat to my job. NEVER Again. Remember YOU ARE the MOST IMPORTANT PERSON TO YOURSELF! Now we wanna see some lower numbers from you! :) (I don't mean to be pushy). Join our Race to lose 5lb challenge. That will start you!

Just remember you can do it. Just believe it!

janie275 03-16-2013 07:16 PM

High Jerseygyrl. I have been reading alot of the posts that you have done and I appreciate your sincere honesty. I am 55 and remember doing atkins back in the 70's when I wasn't even fat and losing a lot of weight. since then I have battled with an addiction to sugar. Anytime I am lonely angry bitter happy, I turn to sugar. I had a lap band put on but I just ate around it and never lost weight. I was hurting at the portol so my doctor removed it. I am now on atkins again since Feb 13 and I lost a lot of weight the first two weeks but nothing since then. I am peeing on sticks and they turn purple at night, but from what I read that could be because of fat I am eating. I have a lot of questions and would love to converse with you about them. I am going to buy the 72 book and see if they answer my questions. I felt like a lone ranger doing this all alone, so I feel better today knowing someone like you has been successful and really kept it off. I have to lose at least 100 pounds from my starting weight, which seems impossible. But I don't feel like I am deprived or on a diet, I am not hungry like I used to just think about eating all the time and was stuffing food in my mouth but it didn't satisfy me. So even though I am not losing weight, I don't want to eat bad cause then I know I will just be hungry. Thanks for the encouragement. Janie275, thats what i used to weigh before lap band.

kayin 04-01-2013 07:52 PM

Well it's been 45 days since I started atkins and I have lost 30 pounds. I think that's quite a successful result.
Will update when I finish losing the first 100lbs!

Edit: have lost 70 lbs in 5 months. Am very happy with the results.

janie275 04-01-2013 11:01 PM

Wow congratulations well done how many grams a day?

kayin 04-02-2013 07:12 PM

about 20 net carbs a day, and I don't eat the bars or anything.

Timlin 11-09-2013 07:45 AM

Janey if you cannot find the '72 publication remember that Dr. Atkins continued to publish books himself until (the last one) 2002. As long as you don't buy a book published beyond 2002 you are getting the real deal from THE MAN!! You're doing great and I enjoyed reading your post.