Induction part 2

• I'm continuing Induction after the initial 14 days tomorrow. I weighed myself today, I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have now because I only lost 2 lbs. At times like this I have to remember what my daughter told me sometime ago when I complained about some weight I lost, she told me to imagine gaining whatever amount I was whining about losing. I am glad I didn't gain 2 lbs but I was expecting more. I'm talking with my doctor today about possibly decreasing my Metformin, I can't take the headaches any more and I need to talk to him about my blood sugars this past week. I picked up the All-New Atkins Advantage book from the library yesterday and I'm going to follow it to the letter. The last 2 weeks were quite a learning curve for me and I feel more prepared to do the 2 weeks better this time. There were little things I made mistakes with. I didn't always measure my veggies, I didn't get a vitamin until 10 days in, I didn't drink 64 ounces of water everyday and for a majority of the first and part of the second week I didn't have food prepared so some days I'm sure I was in starvation mode. I tried running on a few days and just couldn't make it, I didn't have the energy but those days were right around my time of the month which is a low energy time.

Some good things did happen and I need to acknowledge those. For the first time in years(even when I did South Beach) I didn't binge on sweets before my period, I usually do, even a "healthy" binge. I didn't even have a "healthy" binge this time. I tried to run this time, when before I tried Atkins I didn't exercise at all or even try. I have a different mind-set this time, it's almost like analgous to alcoholism I can't just have a little I know what the end result will be I'll be "drunk" on carbs. And the most surprising is that after seeing the scale move just a little bit this morning I don't want to give up, because the old me would just say f$%$% it and start with the fries and end up in apple pie, damn blood sugar and all. I'm grateful I found that book yesterday, I get the chance to follow the program better again and start my 2 weeks over. With all these positives the last 2 weeks cannot be measured just by where the scale ended up, my blood sugars have consistently been under 120 for the last 7 days, I feel better and I stay awake all day. I cleaned my entire house Sunday and it was long overdue. My mental health is improving and I'm feeling better about me. I even put on makeup a couple of days in this last 2 weeks so this deal is working...I'm moving forward.

Update:
    My doctor said that I may not be getting enough water so I got out my big cup and I'm going to put at least one away a day it's a 64 ouncer. He also said that I should be eating every 3- 4 hours, kinda along the lines of Atkins Advangate which encourages eating 3 meals and 3 snacks during induction. So it was all good news I'm gonna keep on trucking.
  • You are awesome! You are inspiring me! I am on my fourth day of induction and I'm worried that I am going to give up if I don't lose more than a couple of pounds the first two weeks because that is my pattern as well. I do fine for a few weeks, then if I don't see results I have a hissy fit and give up. Very immature, I realize!

You on the other hand are being very mature, reasonable, and logical about it since we all know that if you just keep going and don't give up and just adjust a little if you are not getting the results we want, you will ultimately be successful!

Keep going and you will achieve great things!