Old 06-26-2008, 02:49 PM   #1  

Default Day 6 slip

I slipped up yesterday got too hungry and ate some smoked ham and I kinda knew better but I was starving. Lesson learned: be more prepared. I read the label I saw the 1 gram of sugar per serving but it didn't have the carbs listed on the nutrition label and didn't think it would be a big deal. Well when I woke up this morning and my hangover was there to greet me along with blood sugar of 121. Some may not think that 121 is high but when I get to 120 I can feel it. 120 is the limit my doctor set for me and that is a high limit. I paid the price for it, felt hung over, headachy and lethargic(sp?). Had to workout in that fashion too. I got a good breakfast though and I printed out the induction acceptable foods list to post all around me and there at the top was HAM MAY HAVE SUGAR IN IT and thus have carbs. I'm being accountable for not reading and not planning. Today is day 7 and my goal for this week is to do Atkins not msruthie's version of Atkins. If I do my version I will screw it up every time and quit like I usually do, but I'm determined to do it different this time and that's why I'm posting this. I'm glad this board is here. Thanks for reading.
msruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Good Luck MsRuthie!! Stay positve!!
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #3  
paulaS

S/C/G: 285/tickler/150

Height: 5 8

Today was day 5 for me, and also I struggle with bood sugar issues, but since I've been doing akins I've been running under 100, as before akins over 200, your still doing a good job
PaulaS
pkend4593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Keep positive Ms Ruthie and it will all come together. You can do it!
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote